GDT: Game 45: New Jersey Devils(29-12-3) @ Seattle Kraken(28-14-4) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
We didn't have likes available for most of the board's history - I don't remember exactly when we flipped the switch, but I believe it was during the pandemic.

It's kind of like Cal Clutterbuck being the NHL's "all time" leader in hits. I mean, Cal's nice and all, but Cal Clutterbuck?

Anyhow. it's a shame that posters in the pre-likes era don't get their true recognition.
I seem to remember a point system or something back in the day, no?

I think this is my third account. I had some password issues and lost work email accounts, so I just made a new HF accounts and started over. May have been when the system was converted to... I want to say the Vboards platform, or maybe the move before? I have no idea what era that was, and that may not even be right. The last 20 years really all seem to blur together. I just remember several site moves, and I thought we used to have points at some time, no? Was it just post count?

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

I think this is my third account. I had some password issues and lost work email accounts, so I just made a new HF accounts and started over. May have been when the system was converted to... I want to say the Vboards platform, or maybe the move before? I have no idea what era that was, and that may not even be right. The last 20 years really all seem to blur together. I just remember several site moves, and I thought we used to have points at some time, no? Was it just post count?
Really I don't remember maybe it was my heavy being into the drugs and such. I can't even remember my own name half the time let alone my usernames throughout the years

Where the hell do all you mountain time suckaaaaaaa’s live?
At,near the Mountains of course

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Another win.
giphy.gif

Nearly getting goalied by Mackenzie Blackwood was a bit strange but overall a good win against a good team.

Next one up will be Colorado on Saturday.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
You know a streak doesn't mean much when some of the opponents are the Sharks,Canucks,Ducks and other struggling teams
It shows they beat the teams they are supposed to beat I guess. If they had broke he record though no one would look back in several years and say most of the teams they beat were trash.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005

It's *possible* that I forgot something (I've had a few concussions) but I believe that before the new system, the official point of view was that it was a feature to not have likes, because then people weren't pandering for popularity (not my specific opinion, but what I remember hearing from the administration).

Reactions: Irie

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It's *possible* that I forgot something (I've had a few concussions) but I believe that before the new system, the official point of view was that it was a feature to not have likes, because then people weren't pandering for popularity (not my specific opinion, but what I remember hearing from the administration).

I can't remember what the old system was back when i first joined the site.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
In fairness they invented the language then colonized here.
I beg your pardon but most words in the English language are borrowed from Greek and Latin(Italian,French,Spanish). The only truly English words are filth words like F... and C...The Great Colonizers are good at Killing and Marginalizing people though ask Africans,East Indians,Chinese and our Native Indians in North America

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I beg your pardon but most words in the English language are borrowed from Greek and Latin(Italian,French,Spanish). The only truly English words are filth words like F... and C...The Great Colonizers are good at Killing and Marginalizing people though ask Africans,East Indians,Chinese and our Native Indians in North America
Indeed. Just saying that Americans wouldn't be speaking English if the colonisers hadn't came here and did the stuff you mention. I say that as a Scot who has lived in Seattle for a decade. My ancestry is Irish where the Brits have treated them appallingly.

As far as Ross Fletcher, he doesn't bother me too much. He'll keep improving. He's just a presenter rather than an analyst. At the sounders he was also okay for the season or so he was there. I did prefer arlo white though for the sounders who is now on Ted lasso/epl but he's became a bit of an a-hole. Current sounders guys before the move to apple were meh. No one's as bad as Casey Keller

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00