GDT: Game 44: Sabres vs Hurricanes - 1/11 7:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Every time we came back on teams we did it without pulling a goalie...no reason to do so with more than 2 minutes left players play too worried about the empty net with our team.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
We're actually going to miss the playoffs rofl. Only the Sabres could have a 10 game winning streak then miss the playoffs. I have no idea how we go from a game like the one in NJ to this tonight. Defense and goalie need to get their heads out of their asses. If Ullmark is a rockstar tomorrow we can have a chance to win the game.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
What a weird game. Sabres didn’t look very good, and yet 3 of Carolina’s goals were flukey as hell. Didn’t like Hutton’s game at all. I almost feel like we might have won with Ullmark in.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Nothing against Skinner at all, but Carolina had enough speed to not worry about him imo.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
As bad as we played we should have won that game, we're too busy sticking the goal into our own net. Embarrassing performance during the last 2 minutes when this team needs to put together wins so that we have a chance at the post-season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, something needs to change.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
No one went to the net. Eichel had the puck behind net but both Skinner and Sam decided they wanted to be there as well.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Sabres do a poor job of positioning their body on loose pucks along the boards. Always standing off a stick length or so and trying to control it with the stick while their opponents use their body to angle the Sabre off and away from the puck.

It's called playing p***y hockey.........

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
5 point isn't much. Carolina can easily make it. I think it's silly to consider only 9 teams in the race just past the halfway point.
It's extremely rare a team comes from 5 pts back at this point of the season and makes it. They've been hot lately, but they'll simmer down just like a lot of teams of their calibre do.

Last edited:

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
What a weird game. Sabres didn’t look very good, and yet 3 of Carolina’s goals were flukey as hell. Didn’t like Hutton’s game at all. I almost feel like we might have won with Ullmark in.
Haven't liked Hutton since he came back from injury constantly fighting the puck Ullmark clear number one right now

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
As bad as we played we should have won that game, we're too busy sticking the goal into our own net. Embarrassing performance during the last 2 minutes when this team needs to put together wins so that we have a chance at the post-season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, something needs to change.

The team decided early on just how much effort they were going to put out thinking it would be enough for the Canes. Then they gave Carolina 3 goals off Sabre sticks/players, etc..

And never stepped up the effort. Gotta plane to catch. A game to play tomorrow night.. Pretty obvious what happened here guys....

Housley is just the paid Edgar Bergen dummy standing behind the bench...

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
So Housley puts Poms back with Jack and Skinner for a few shifts they play well then puts Sam there in third which was disastrous..terrible coaching

Reactions: sabremike

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Yeah Housley needs to be fired but he won't be
At least not til the off season. Right now its only my word but I remember reading something about Housley signing a two year contract that pays him 1 million each season. If that is the case his contract is done this off season and I am hoping I read and remembered that right.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Unfortunately while we’re still in a playoff spot that is absolutely not going to happen.
Lamorello once literally fired a guy who was in first place with a week left in the season because he could see the writing on the wall. Botts might want to learn from that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad