GDT: Game 44 - Oilers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
McDavid is unbelievable. I can't wait for his FA year to watch him sign with the Golden Knights. He'll quietly get his American citizenship and then - no state taxes, baby and a ton of side money in Vegas.

I'll make the trip to Vegas to watch him play on weekends.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
So the team has a 5 day break, should be well rested and ready to go with the extra practice time. They showed up for the first 5 minutes of the game. That's it. This team is mentally weak, and it's not helped by a coaching staff that seem reluctant to actually teach anything or have the players prepared to play NHL hockey.

**** I hate this team, seriously.

I wonder what extra practice time against the players on the worst team in the league actually does for you. Not much from what I'm seeing.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
All Star OEL with a smooth -3 to make it a compact -37 on the season.

Yet he has saved quite a few situations and honestly has not been THAT bad.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

cobra427

May 6, 2012
So the team has a 5 day break, should be well rested and ready to go with the extra practice time. They showed up for the first 5 minutes of the game. That's it. This team is mentally weak, and it's not helped by a coaching staff that seem reluctant to actually teach anything or have the players prepared to play NHL hockey.

**** I hate this team, seriously.
I'm not sure that they showed up, I think the Oilers took us lightly and didn't play hard at first. Once the Oilers decided to play harder, they controlled the play most of the game. We have seen this before in many games.

I'll say it again, Raanta let in 2 glove side upper goals, goes down too fast and has let in 2 other short side goals up high recently. This is an obvious problem teams are keying in on in my opinion.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not sure that they showed up, I think the Oilers took us lightly and didn't play hard at first. Once the Oilers decided to play harder, they controlled the play most of the game. We have seen this before in many games.

I'll say it again, Raanta let in 2 glove side upper goals, goes down too fast and has let in 2 other short side goals up high recently. This is an obvious problem teams are keying in on in my opinion.

I agree about Raanta. His upper glove side is very weak. I think all goalie's tend to go down early because of the style they play today. McDavid controlled the play most of the game, not the Oilers as such. We had all the momentum until Raanta let in that weak goal.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
As much as I'd like Raanta to succeed here, I don't think it will work out in the long run. My guess is that we'll move him at the TDL for another "goalie-gamble." I realize he's been injured and such this season, but he does have some weaknesses before becoming a #1G. I suppose we could try for a tandem of some sort for a season or two if the team wants to stick with him (or our defense miraculously improves).

cobra427

May 6, 2012
As much as I'd like Raanta to succeed here, I don't think it will work out in the long run. My guess is that we'll move him at the TDL for another "goalie-gamble." I realize he's been injured and such this season, but he does have some weaknesses before becoming a #1G. I suppose we could try for a tandem of some sort for a season or two if the team wants to stick with him (or our defense miraculously improves).
I am not sure there would be interest in Raanta at the TDL. he isn't a clear number 1 at this point. He would be insurance for somebody unless a number 1 goes down. I still think we would get back up trade value, maybe a 4th or 5th round pick, so not much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad