GDT: Game #44|Jackets@Capitals|Stanley Cup Revenge Game|1-12-19|7:00 P.M.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Relieved to get the 2 points.
Stay Bread, stay.
Playing with the lead is not a Jacket strong suit, although tonight it was for roughly 57 minutes.
Korpi looking good.
Let's make Rick Nash proud tomorrow night.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
My general reaction to mocking Kuz’ celebration is the same as Kuz in that tweet. Don’t typically care for that from my team. But my guess is, after Kuz scored, there was a good bit of ‘f*** that dude and his a-hole celly’ on the CBJ bench. So I’m ok with having some fun with it. (Not that it matters.)

Reactions: thebus88

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I initially took the celebration as Panarin shoving it up Kuzy’s ass, seeing as he clearly is not a fan of him. I remember seeing something about those two really not liking each other, maybe I’m wrong.

Either way, I think it was Bread’s doing, which I like. Seth doesn’t seem like the guy who would start something like that. Join in, sure, but not start it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I initially took the celebration as Panarin shoving it up Kuzy’s ass, seeing as he clearly is not a fan of him. I remember seeing something about those two really not liking each other, maybe I’m wrong.

Either way, I think it was Bread’s doing, which I like. Seth doesn’t seem like the guy who would start something like that. Join in, sure, but not start it.

Unless I missed something it was Dubois who started it.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Unless I missed something it was Dubois who started it.
Looks like it in this gif, it's a tight shot.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Honestly shocked it gathered so much attention.

And then to see the Caps reaction so focused on it instead of how they played... though I suppose the media didn't help :dunno:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I love Dubois so much. Very quickly has become possibly my favorite player of all time. If only Zherdev could've played on a team like this.

Jones is a close 2nd, BUT, I love the "edge" Dubois brings to his game. Already seems to have "enemies" on nearly every team. Clearly NOT FUN to play against.

You fools wanna "mock" or question the idea of what a "CBJ type" player is, watch Dubois.

Perfect example (among others on the CBJ) that a player can be both skilled AND play a physical and responsible game.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Didn't get a chance to post this last night, but: was that the best game of Korpi's career? Sure felt like it -- he wasn't doing his usual Korpi Mistakes like overplaying the first shot and getting way out of position for the rebound (with the exception of that one play where Werenski saved a goal) or leaving gaps on the near post for tight-angle shots. He even got across to make a save on a 2-on-1, which I had mentally chalked up as a goal. He was also just not allowing a ton of rebounds and his positioning looked better than normal. Hope he keeps it up.

Also thought Stenlund showed some good signs. He's not a burner but he looked very strong on the forecheck and it seemed like he never lost a board battle. Hope he gets more chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad