Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - DEATH, TAXES AND ANOTHER LOSS TO WASHINGTON - Caps 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
sigh....I really wanted the B's to win.

Wilson is always looking for trouble.

Maybe some year they will beat the caps....

I am tired. Night B's fans
We went downstairs and my kid was outside Legends talking to one of the photographers. I went to get her because they were having a cake for my friends birthday inside. She’s talking to this older couple and then walks away with them to where the visiting teams go then comes back. She explained they were speaking Russian when came over to where she was. They weren’t sure where to go to meet their kid talking to her in English now so she took them over to the area and reports they were very grateful and nice - Kuznetsov parents

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Thought the B's dominated this game start to finish. Holtby is just other worldly when we play him and frankly, the B's need to get nasty to fix that. Hack him, whack him, get in his space, kick at his feet, tug on his gloves, fall on him...

The other thing that really stood out to me was Krug getting tossed around like a rag doll. I'm a Krug guy, but his shortcomings were really highlighted. It reminded me of the playoffs last year and it makes me nervous... Most nights his offense is well worth the gaffes but when the play gets heavy it gets harder for him to do his thing.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I do...but I don't play him as our top D anymore. I think he does well in the 3rd pairing.

Why hold a way quicker Lauzon back another year when he is ready plus cheaper by a mile and brings physicality too? The idea should be to get younger and quicker on backend not slower and older.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It really does seem to be Holtby that makes all the difference in the world; it's been that way since 2012.

Well Boston will catch up to them eventually. I just hope the 2 points lost don't cost Boston down the road in trying to catch up to the leafs

Cam14b

Jan 8, 2018
Totally disagree. Score was one nothing. That's not when you pick a time to settle a score. Marchand the right thing and I'm sure if the score had have been lopsided either way he would have been happy to oblige.
Fair enough on the timing but my take is that it may have taken the target off his back for the rest of the game. Let's face it he and his line were pretty ineffective and the Caps from top to bottom were taking him out of his game.

I believe had the tables been turned and Marchand was the aggressor and chirped in the post game, we bruins fans would be all over Eller.

On to Toronto!! Go B'ssss!!

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
bergeron has the puck and D-Men just know its going in deep so they come up. puck isn't in deep . . .1-0.

Top line was not top line in any zone today.

Backes will have one good game a week.

I want some snarl.

We played our backup goalie and dictated play.

I hope mngt is patient. That 3rd line could play together till 2030.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Like Brick said, you don't like to use the word "deserved" but the Bruins significantly outplayed the defending champs last night.

Braeden Holtby was the difference, period. In particularly in the 1st period when the Bruins got a lot of nice looks. He's in their head. Do the Caps ever send out their back-up against the Bruins?

And I'm sick and tired of hearing about how "big" and "bad" and "tough" the Caps are. They got one ^^%$^^ guy, Tom Wilson, and even he is a spot-picker.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Like Brick said, you don't like to use the word "deserved" but the Bruins significantly outplayed the defending champs last night.

Braeden Holtby was the difference, period. In particularly in the 1st period when the Bruins got a lot of nice looks. He's in their head. Do the Caps ever send out their back-up against the Bruins?

And I'm sick and tired of hearing about how "big" and "bad" and "tough" the Caps are. They got one ^^%$^^ guy, Tom Wilson, and even he is a spot-picker.

Charas talks really calmed him down...not

Also did “big physical presence” Kevan Miller play last night? Didn’t notice him

Caps play tougher than the Bruins whether they are not. Their two top line wingers hit like trucks.

Reactions: BBruins

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Charas talks really calmed him down...not

Also did “big physical presence” Kevan Miller play last night? Didn’t notice him

Caps play tougher than the Bruins whether they are not. Their two top line wingers hit like trucks.

I didn't notice Kevan Miller either. At this point he's the guy who should come out when McAvoy is ready.

But the fact is, their top line with OV and Wilson is an anomaly. There really isn't anything else like it in the league. And it's not just the Bruins who have problems against this line, it's an issue for every other team as well.

Nothing stops Wilson. Not suspensions, not fines, not opposing players. He just don't give a you-know-what.

I don't see what the Bruins, or any other team, can do in terms of roster composition to counter that No.1 line. It's a unique weapon, good for the Caps, but countering that line should not be the focus of Sweeney's potential moves in the next month or so.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I feel honored. Not only was I treated to another caps loss but I got to see a Bruin turtle and get rag dolled ala the mid 2000 les habitants. Remember when they used to make the “smart play” against us and had dozens of pages calling them names?

Pathetic

Lars Eller drops his gloves but Brad Marchand refuses to fight

Weak indeed
Ha ha

They will fight at 1:00 on Super Bowl Sunday in D.C.

As Rob DiMao said many years ago ‘you either know how to fight or not’

Lars Eller who was a dirty prick playing for Montreal has never been in a fight other than Opening Night. We shall see if he can throw them in 3 weeks

I was there last night not far away me end and never crossed my mind Brad turtled. I wanted the PP and thought nothing more then Marchand being Marchand

Marchand would be Public Enemy #1 if an opponent especially a Canadiens player I get that ~ but he’s all Rat zero turtle. This was classic Marchand. He’s a coward is f***ing hilarious. He’s a prick and a villain- an all timer but not a turtle if you watch him.

If you know Marchand well that move last night was a rat not a turtle.

There is an old saying my fighting Irish family went by ‘fight on your terms’

February 3 Super Bowl Sunday

I’m taking Marchand over Eller

I husr hope Brad adopts the hunter not the huntee approach and focuses on being set and going right for his chin and early in the shift

Washington wants blood the Bruins need to answer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ha ha

They will fight at 1:00 on Super Bowl Sunday in D.C.

As Rob DiMao said many years ago ‘you either know how to fight or not’

Lars Eller who was a dirty prick playing for Montreal has never been in a fight other than Opening Night. We shall see if he can throw them in 3 weeks

I was there last night not far away me end and never crossed my mind Brad turtled. I wanted the PP and thought nothing more then Marchand being Marchand

Marchand would be Public Enemy #1 if an opponent especially a Canadiens player I get that ~ but he’s all Rat zero turtle. This was classic Marchand. He’s a coward is ****ing hilarious.

If you know Marchand well that move last night was a rat not a turtle.

There is an old saying my fighting Irish family went by ‘fight on your terms’

February 3 Super Bowl Sunday

I’m taking Marchand over Eller

I husr hope Brad adopts the hunter not the huntee approach and focuses on being set and going right for his chin and early in the shift

Washington wants blood the Bruins need to answer

Bad look for him. Got the jump on Eller rd 1 then this time Eller seeks him out goes right to him and Marchand has his gloves sewn on

Reactions: 3B

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bad look for him. Got the jump on Eller rd 1 then this time Eller seeks him out goes right to him and Marchand has his gloves sewn on

If you click on some great replies including yours truly lol

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Backes finds a spot on the 4th line. The end.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - HOLE
Donato - JFK - Heinen
Nordstrom - Wagner - Backes

Suddenly with the hole filled, the 3rd line looks like a fast, young line with a chance to develop into a scoring threat together.
Suddenly the 4th line looks very strong and can drop in other players for a more physical role when needed.

You're putting in Backes over Kuraly? Yah I don't think so.

Reactions: Tbrady12

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Washington doesn't even show up, Bruins by most accounts play very well and they still beat us at home. Marchand lucky Eller had some class and didn't start swinging at him when he has his hands glued to his side or he could've been taken off on a stretcher. Risky and dumb to not protect yourself there.

Reactions: LouJersey

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

If you click on some great replies including yours truly lol

Had the roles been reversed this place would be beside themselves. Had Eller gotten the jump and beat up Marchand then next game Marchand goes straight at him for a rematch and Eller turtle to make the smart play . It was Montreal esque, Weiss/Thornton or Horton/Gleason.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Caps plugged up the center of the ice. Bruins used speed and puck movement to go around and tried to center, but Caps would disrupt on the final shot on Holtby. Looks like an experienced team that knows what it needs to do to win with the guys they have.
The B's playmaking was solid, confident, but had no finish. Every play seemed to die on the final touch. Got so bad that every time I saw a play forming in the Washington end I would get stress out and then blow my top when it did not work. This happened a LOT last night.

giphy.gif

Might be a good one for the team to review in tape watching to see what they can modify in their play to create finish on teams that are physical and clog the center of the defensive zone. Will need some practice and a solid strategy by playoff time if we expect to get anywhere in the second round.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Had the roles been reversed this place would be beside themselves. Had Eller gotten the jump and beat up Marchand then next game Marchand go straight at him for a rematch and Eller turtle to make the smart play forget. It was Montreal esque, Weiss/Thornton or Horton/Gleason.

Last Bruins fight was over a month ago.the streak continues with that Marchand no show

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Totally disagree. Score was one nothing. That's not when you pick a time to settle a score. Marchand the right thing and I'm sure if the score had have been lopsided either way he would have been happy to oblige.

That’s just an excuse. Eller would have gotten an instigator at minimum. Getting ragdolled is never an option for me, but I guess it’s tolerated in this new NHL and new breed of hockey fan I guess? Guessing Claude Lemieux made the smart hockey decision vs Neely all those years back and took one for the team. Again if you had no problem with Weise or Gleason or anyone else that “makes the smart move” then you were all in favor of this.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Just gotta laugh with how Habs like “take the 2 minutes” goes over so well in Bruins land these days. Never used to be that way.

The Mcquaid trade sparked the end of an era in bruins hockey. Bruins to me were the leaders in playing the game the right way but times they are a changing. I agree the hab like tactics are a bit cringeworthy, especially turtling to former hab Eller

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Had the roles been reversed this place would be beside themselves. Had Eller gotten the jump and beat up Marchand then next game Marchand goes straight at him for a rematch and Eller turtle to make the smart play . It was Montreal esque, Weiss/Thornton or Horton/Gleason.

If Marchand had done what Eller did after scoring a goal to make it 7-0, most of us would say Marchad deserved it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If the roles were reveresed I’d have been irate looking at Marchand.

It’s like telling a crocodile you love it and when you go to hug it you get eaten.

Nothing Brad Marchand does short of winning the Lady Bynge should be a surprise

Super Bowl Sunday

Bruins/Marchand vs Capitals/Eller at 12:30 (maybe even have Schenn in lineup)

Brady goes for #6 later that day

Reactions: LouJersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->