BRUINS GDT GAME 44 7:07 PM - 1771 days since B's beat Caps at home, IT ENDS TONIGHT!!! - NESN, SN, TVAS, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
“It’s more about that this team has had our number for the last number of years, and we need to get over that hurdle,” said Bruce Cassidy. “We’ve got to get over the hurdle. They’re the Stanley Cup champions, and if you want to be the best then you’ve got to beat the best. I know it’s a long season, but we’re playing good hockey and I’d like to think our guys are going to be confident going into the game. Not thinking about what happened opening night or over the years, but still have a bit of an ‘Enough is enough’ type of attitude as well. You just don’t want to overthink and go ‘Here we go again’ if the first 10 minutes don’t go your way.”

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

The most popular way to bet on your favorite hockey team is moneyline betting and it replaces a point spread because the scores are so low. Your team has to win the game, not win by a certain number of goals. In NHL odds, negative and positive values are attached to favorites (-180) and underdogs (+160). Think of it as 100 sitting in the middle of these two values.
Example: If you want to bet a -180 favorite, you would risk $180 to win $100 (or for smaller players, $18 to win $10). On a +160 underdog, you would risk $100 and win $160 if the underdog wins. Without a point spread, bettors have to risk a bit more to bet the favorite, but you earn a bigger payout if you back the underdog.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I haven't either.

I'm sure Washington remembers the Marchand Eller 'situation' as well. I'd be stunned if something doesn't happen tonight..

Anybody with any "code" on that team would be taking Eller to task for taunting a bench in a blowout, not getting back at a 5'9" pest for beating the snot out of a guy 6" inches taller than him. It's not like Chara was sent after him, it was the smallest guy guy on the ice.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Anybody with any "code" on that team would be taking Eller to task for taunting a bench in a blowout, not getting back at a 5'9" pest for beating the snot out of a guy 6" inches taller than him. It's not like Chara was sent after him, it was the smallest guy guy on the ice.

I know Washington wasn't happy about it, many talked about it after the game. We shall see...

Reactions: Strafer

Eskobar

Sep 28, 2016
Could you help me out and tell me what is the Bruins' expected lineup?

In case you're interested, here's Washington's:

(C) Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Wilson
Vrana - (A) Backstrom - Oshie
Connolly - Eller - Boyd
Stephenson - Dowd - Smith-Pelly

Kempny - Carlson
Orlov - Niskanen
(A) Orpik - Siegenthaler

Holtby
Copley

Healthy scratches: Burakovsky, Bowey, Jaskin
Injured: Djoos

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Time for the Bruins to kick that squatter Holtby out of their heads. He can be lit up, he has been, I've seen it happen, just not by the Bruins. This is the game for that to happen!
Holtby has been so good against the B's and seems like a good guy. I hope he leaves by the second because the B's get so many goals on him tonight. IT'S TIME.

I want to see smiling B's tonight with some swagger (I love that word) :yo::yo::yo:

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Caps come in overconfident tonight based on their past record against the B's.

The B's put up a six pack and blow the doors off of them crushing their spirits tonight.

No worries

We got this
:heart: Love this post.

Positive energy please

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If Wilson goes after Brad I believe Z and Miller would have a word with him...I miss Quaider

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Not gonna lie, i'm still worried

But at some point sooner or later a game like this feeds a team of youngsters. You gotta hope a game like this brings out the anger and nastiness in guys like Carlo, Heinen, Debrusk, Kuraly, Donato, etc.

Here's to hoping that for every hard hit the Caps throw, Wagner throws one right back at them
I don't know if Heinen, or Donato have any "nastiness" honestly.

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good lord, the fear Wilson puts into fans here is perplexing. I`d wager the conversation in the locker room prior to the game has precisely 0 players or coaches mentioning Wilson in no other conversation other than to keep your head up when he`s on the ice as he`s liable to aim for the head.

I`d also wager he strikes the fear into 0 Bruin players

Also think if Wilson came into this league even 10 years ago, he`d be kissing ice more often than not if he tried half the crap he does now with some of the names playing even that short of a time ago, he`s a spot picker, often will go after a dude at the tail end of his shift, gets the jump on guys who have their mitts on (look at fight one vs Miller last year or whenever). He`s a toolbox who even a guy like Domi would have him eating lunch with a straw in his prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->