GDT: GAME #44 - 1/10 8 PM ET - BRUINS at St Louis | NESN, NBCSN, SN, TVAS, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

C1z0dV5UcAIaE1o.jpg:large
4t5tOBF.jpg

YpEfuab.jpg

14-08232012-5035d98be9c09.jpeg

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/1646424/

Tuesday night's game will feature the return to St. Louis of former Blues captain David Backes. He signed with the Bruins as a free agent last summer after 10 years with the Blues.

"He's gonna want to have a big showing, but we have to put all that aside and try to get a winning streak going," Shattenkirk said.

Backes is third on the Bruins with 11 goals and scored in each of the first two games on the Bruins' current four-game trip. He also recorded 10 assists in his first 35 games.

Backes already faced the Blues, on Nov. 22 in Boston, but his homecoming promises to be a more emotional night. He played 727 career games for the Blues, the fifth most in franchise history. His total of 206 goals ranks sixth on the team's all-time list.

Blues coach Ken Hitchcock has experienced the return of many former players during his long career, so he has an idea of what lies ahead for Backes.

"I'm sure for David it will be unique and once in a lifetime," Hitchcock said. "Both teams are fighting for a playoff spot and fighting for positioning, so the focus will be on the game a little more for us. It was emotional for us when we went to Boston for the whole team, but I think the team is more accustomed to it now. It will be emotional for David.

"I'm sure he's going to get a big ovation. He deserves it. He was a good player for a long time here. Some people are good players, and then there's good people. David's good people. He was great in the community, great on the ice, great as a leader, he did a lot of things. He sure made my job a lot easier."

Tonight's Officials

130p_charron.jpg
130p_dwyer.jpg

Referees Francis Charron (6), Gord Dwyer (19)
Linesmen Scott Driscoll (68), Tony Sericolo (84)

Ntl. Anthem Charles Glenn

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Blues tonight in the 2nd and final game between these teams and the Bruins’ lone visit of the season to Scottrade Center … The Bruins are 21-17-5 thus far this season with a 12-7-5 mark on the road … They are 3-4-0 vs. Central Division opponents and are 5-7-0 vs. Western Conference teams this season.

They are concluding tonight of their 11th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights and they are currently 5-5-1 in game 1s, 4-4-3 in game 2s and 3-5-2 in game 3s of these series.

They are playing game 3 of their current 4-game road trip and are 1-0-1 on the trip so far.

BOSTON vs ST. LOUIS, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Blues are meeting for the 133rd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 63-42-18-9 record and 482-392 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 27-25-9-5 in their 66 road games of this lifetime series with a 223-211 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins have taken points out of 9 of their last 12 games vs. the Blues at 5-3-4, including a 4-2 loss in Boston on 11/22 in the 1st game of this season’s series … They are 4-1-5 in their last 10 games in St. Louis with their lone regulation loss in that stretch a 2-0 setback on Dec. 22, 2015.

Fun Facts: 9 of the last 10 games between these teams have been decided by 2 goals or fewer, including 4 OT/shootout decisions.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

David Krejci is 2 points short of his 500th NHL point.
Ryan Spooner is 2 points shy of his 100th NHL point.
Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.
Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES (114 total man-games lost)

Matt Beleskey – Right knee; 6 wks from time of 12/3 injury; Has missed 18 games (IR)

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1483995469000

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This is a game I find it hard to be optimistic for....so they will most likely win. My feelings are rarely correct. One can hope.

Backes needs to score a hat trick :nod:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cue the Shattenkirk rumors if he sets up a game winner from the Blues but I predict the B`s pull a rabbit outta their hats tonight and win in OT

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What's the over/under on Colin Miller watching from upstairs with his best bud Joe Morrow again tonight?

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
St. Louis goals against 24th, 2.92 GAA.

Wouldn't expect that, when i am thinking about their recent team i always think about their defense first, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Bouwmeester, Parayko. It looks like they are having problems with goaltending, Allen is not what they expect him to be, 0.904%, of course this can also come in a combination with sloppy defense and that would surprise me, however i haven't watched more than a few Blues' games this year.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
St. Louie Louie oh baby, we gotta go. Yi-yi-yi-yi-yi! (Forgive me for taking liberties Richard Berry).

Offence meet defence. Special team play has the look of perhaps being a deciding factor. Best of luck with handling the emotions David B. Put some more points in the bank B's.

Let's Go Bruins!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Toasted Ravioli = great. Imo's "pizza" = crap. If you can break the crust with a pinkie, it's a saltine with tomato sauce and cheese, not a pizza.

Let's just make both sides happy and have Backes do really, really well, okay? He's on a bit of a hot streak, and he seems like the kind of guy to have a game like this be motivating, not distracting.

And remember, we might be on the other side of this coin in two years time.....

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
We should get our ***** kicked, so we will probably lose in OT.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Pasta with 2, Czarnik with 1, hayes gets a goal and an assist. Krug wins it in OT.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Liles out and Colin Miller back in.

Glad it took losing a crucial point in the standings for Julien to figure out what everyone else already knew. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad