Pre-Game Talk: Game 43: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - Jan 2 - 4PM PST - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Again, both Rousell AND Eriksson with Horvat

Why...

Imagine being a 23 year old 70 point 2-way C putting up those points while being stuck with guys like Roussel and Eriksson

kJpQufU.png

Reactions: geebaan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The whole team sucked in a loss to NJ
Why just point fingers at 1 guy..Golddy
Pouliot sucks majority of games.why don't he get called on them..
I guess thats up to the coach...If I'm going to take a stab at it,I would suspect that TG does not feel that Goldy is putting in the physical effort that he should be..being disinterested in playing a 200 ft game is going to land you in the bad books of any NHL coach (unless you're really producing).

Pouliot does make numerous mistakes (and usually in spectacular fashion),other times I dont notice him (which is a good thing)..but maybe his mistakes are "bad reads",and not through lack of effort....

The way things are shaping up,I'd be surprised if either player is on the team next season.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I would rate Goldobin’s overall hustle and work ethic as higher than Schaller’s this season. Schaller has been virtually nonexistent in every game he’s played in, which is brutal for a guy that was supposed to bring speed, size and energy to the lineup.

Green messed up the lines; Roussel with EP & Boeser, Goldy on the 4th. Why mess with chemistry when we were doing so well? Goldobin has a tendency to hustle and battle if playing in a top 6 offensive role and to float and look disinterested if in a bottom 6 role, frankly I don’t blame him for his poor performance last game. Green needs to put his players in the best possible position to succeed, however Goldobin must also learn to battle and hustle in whatever role he is given.

Reactions: mathonwy

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Do you think Goldobin's a better fourth liner? I'm not sure he is. And if we have Leivo, Boeser, Virtanen, Erikson, Roussel, and Baertchi on the top 3 lines, his skillset is becoming less useful.

Like I agree that overall Goldobin's a better player, but on a line best suited for energy and checking, he doesn't fit the role.

The other thing is if he's a soft, offensive minded player, is it good to reward his play with PP time and offensive zone starts? Give him grade-A opportunities despite not working hard for them? Like eventually you have to put your foot down and if he's benched it seems clear the reason why.

I would agree with all of that, if in imho, Schaller didn’t have similar work ethic, but with zero offence.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Imagine being on pace for ~50 points, while being 4th on your team in scoring yet being a healthy scratch for a guy that hasn’t scored a professional hockey goal in almost a year.

Absolute joke, especially considering junk like Granlund and Pouliot are never dealt with the same consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->