Pre-Game Talk: Game 43: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - Jan 2 - 4PM PST - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Goldobin sitting for Schaller... :skeptic:

I guess Goldy isn't showing up defensively... but still...

Have to hope Sutter slots in, and Granlund takes Schaller's spot. :help:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Cant blame Coach Green for that. Goldobin isnt bringing anything lately. And he has skill, just little effort and creativity these days. Putting Schaller back in, thats a different problem. The man is not scum but poor quality non scum

Anyways I predict about 80% of our games wrong this year but still thinking we take this one in our nations CAPITAL. 6-4 Canucks with our goals by Boeser (3) and Horvat (3). Id be suprised otherwise tbh

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Cant blame Coach Green for that. Goldobin isnt bringing anything lately. And he has skill, just little effort and creativity these days. Putting Schaller back in, thats a different problem. The man is scum

Anyways I predict about 80% of our games wrong this year but still thinking we take this one in our nations CAPITAL. 6-4 Canucks with our goals by Boeser (3) and Horvat (3). Id be suprised otherwise tbh

He’s been terrible on the ice this year, but the bolded is harsh.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Cant blame Coach Green for that. Goldobin isnt bringing anything lately. And he has skill, just little effort and creativity these days. Putting Schaller back in, thats a different problem. The man is scum

You’ve got some growing up to do kid if you’re calling a person “scum” because he doesn’t play a game up to your standards.
Where do you hear this stuff? From your parents? Or on the internet?
Hope it’s the latter.

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
Actually don't mind Schaller in for Goldobin

Think this means Sutter is back soon and they're giving Schaller one last chance to show something before they waive him. If he stinks it up again then he can't complain about getting sent down.

And Goldobin last game was putrid. Not only weak on the puck and easily eliminated from the play as usual, but absolutely zero effort defensively. At least earlier in the year he was ineffective defensively but trying

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
The fact they haven’t pulled the plug on Schaller yet is just hilarious.

GOTTA JUSTIFY THE JIMBO SIGNING.

Aquilini can't be happy about that. Between Del Zotto, Schaller, and Gagner that is 8m not playing. 5m signed for another year.

Never saw that Schaller has signing bonuses.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Aquilini can't be happy about that. Between Del Zotto, Schaller, and Gagner that is 8m not playing. 5m signed for another year.

Never saw that Schaller has signing bonuses.
Well that is up to Mr Benning to fix that,,take picks back if anything to dump those awful players and contracts.
Delzotto has been sitting so long im amazed he has not asked to be moved.It maybe also that Schaller is being showcased for a trade also ,who knows.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Schaller pump and dump

Put him on the ice
Prove to the GMs he is actually in fact a professional hockey player
Trade him

Jimbo you slippery little minx

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
And still better than Goldobin’s, right? Or are you giving him a pass?
He was traded for by Benning after all.

I would rate Goldobin’s overall hustle and work ethic as higher than Schaller’s this season. Schaller has been virtually nonexistent in every game he’s played in, which is brutal for a guy that was supposed to bring speed, size and energy to the lineup.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
And still better than Goldobin’s, right? Or are you giving him a pass?
He was traded for by Benning after all.

They both suck at it but Goldobin sucks at it while occasionally contributing and Schaller sucks at it while being a complete bag of ass.

Why would opinions of Benning have anything to do with a discussion of the relative merits of two players both acquired by Benning?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I would rate Goldobin’s overall hustle and work ethic as higher than Schaller’s this season. Schaller has been virtually nonexistent in every game he’s played in, which is brutal for a guy that was supposed to bring speed, size and energy to the lineup.
I’ve said this before but Schaller reminds me of Eriksson. Goldy in actually has some good periods ( as in games) this season so far. Schaller is a nonentity. Jeebus even Guds has had strung together a good series of games this season.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Hustle and Goldobin are like oil and water. Guy’s been given all kinds of opportunities and continues to be a no show, no umph to his game at all.
He manages to ride EP’s coattail once in awhile but that’s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->