GDT: Game 43 - CBJ at LAK - 6 Jan, 10:30pm

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I'm shocked, Elvis is 3-1 in the last four.... wow.

Im being very cautiously optimistic about Elvis. He could solve the Jackets goalie issues for years to come. One less thing to worry about

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Im being very cautiously optimistic about Elvis. He could solve the Jackets goalie issues for years to come. One less thing to worry about
Never know.... my caveat, no more curse of the Vezina… Steve Mason and Bob were great for a short time then tanked...

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Love these west coast games. 5.30am starting time here. Not so good game but win is win.

3stars

Elvis
Gus
Gerbe

Reactions: Robert

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Post game win..... Keep the press off of Elvis.... Jesus.... the kids from Latvia and Arron Portzline is asking questions I couldn't answer.... geez... give this kid some space AAron…

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If we sign Howard or another veteran backup Elvis needs to play... he needs to go down for the Monsters to win the Calder... He will be back...

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I expected nothing but here we are. Good enough to squeak crappy-looking wins. If Elvis can hold the fort like this more often we have a chance until Korpisalo is back. And I thought this would be the worst goalie tandem in the league...

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
None of the above mentioned players are NHL level right now. The sooner they’re gone back to Cleveland, the better.
While they still need a little work, they held there own while up in Columbus. They are much improved since being in the organization.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Great game. Obviously thrilled that Elvis is getting some W’s, but HOLY REBOUNDS!!! I hope he settles in and gets better control. He almost never “controls” the puck by absorbing it. It looks mostly like a series of swats and hard deflections.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
This is an ongoing issue with him. It would be less noticable if he had more offence. This is part of why teams score more when he is on the ice. He needs to improve here. His shot though is amazing.
He'll get there..

I remember a time when this was the chief complaint against Bjorkstrand

Reactions: MoeBartoli

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
CBJ have a history of doing well in the West....

Not really. Their highest pts % have come against teams in the East - Florida, NJ, Buffalo, NYI, Flyers. All-time, their bottom six goes Nashville, Colorado, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Vancouver, San Jose. They are 26-29-1(tie)-5 against the Kings, which ranks 20th in terms of point %.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not sure why everyone is lamenting the play last night. Outside of the first period I thought they played outstanding hockey. Had numerous high danger chances, controlled the puck for the most part, and limited the Kings in our zone.

Also, Pierre Luc Dubois is the best forward on this team, and it isn't even close (OK, maybe Nyquist is close). He plays a smarter brand of hockey each game. Making the little plays that keep the puck away from the other team or sustain pressure in the offensive zone.

Lastly, I don't care who comes back in the coming weeks from injury, Gerbe belongs in Columbus. This guy's hustle and veteran leadership has been as contagious as Ebola.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Also, Pierre Luc Dubois is the best forward on this team, and it isn't even close (OK, maybe Nyquist is close). He plays a smarter brand of hockey each game. Making the little plays that keep the puck away from the other team or sustain pressure in the offensive zone.

You should see how often Dubois is not among the top 3 forwards in TOI in any given game (and you can exclude the PK since he isn't on that unit). Mildly infuriating how underutilized he is by the coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad