GDT: Game 43 - CBJ at LAK - 6 Jan, 10:30pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Today's late-night presentation features The Former #7. And a few other guys of ours may finally be coming back.

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Nathan Gerbe - Boone Jenner - Nick Foligno
Sonny Milano - Alexander Wennberg - Kevin Stenlund
Jakob Lilja - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Ryan MacInnis, Gabriel Carlsson, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: Nutivaara was activated from injured reserve Sunday and could rejoin the lineup as well as Bemstrom. Cam Atkinson said he's 50-50 to play while continuing to rehab a high ankle sprain suffered against the Kings the last time.

Neither kings.nhl.com nor lakingsinsider.com have a preview article up yet.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Kings' last game:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous about disrupting the chemistry the current squad has found - and with Atkinson, Nuti and Bemstrom cleared, I'm afraid of that happening.

I'm not sure what the appropriate response is; Atkinson is a vet and is supposed to be one of our goal scorers - but do the line ups get scrambled to accommodate him?
Nuti will be welcomed back, he fills out the bottom D nicely.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous about disrupting the chemistry the current squad has found - and with Atkinson, Nuti and Bemstrom cleared, I'm afraid of that happening.

I'm not sure what the appropriate response is; Atkinson is a vet and is supposed to be one of our goal scorers - but do the line ups get scrambled to accommodate him?
Nuti will be welcomed back, he fills out the bottom D nicely.
Agree Nuti is an easy choice over Carlson and Harry......To me the big question surrounds Bemstrom. Assume for a minute that we know nothing about his reputation coming in, prior to injury has he played better at THIS STYLE of play than the current group of call ups?

As to Cam, I’m not sure his defensive intensity is as aggressive as some others during this stretch but goals are needed on a goal-starved team. How Torts slots him will be interesting.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Chemistry be damned, the long term contributions of Cam, Nuti, and Bemstrom is more important than the short term chemistry of MacInnis, Lilja, Carlsson/Harry. Put them in.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Since I'll be the last man to watch next 4 games my biggest concern is who'll play the back-to-back game? I hope Elvis will get a rest but that's unlikely I guess...

Reactions: Lumbus

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Since I'll be the last man to watch next 4 games my biggest concern is who'll play the back-to-back game? I hope Elvis will get a rest but that's unlikely I guess...
its time for kiv debut and end maybe

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm guessing Kiv tomorrow night in Anaheim.

Elvis back in for SJ and Vegas.
Won't be surprised at all if Elvis plays both games. Torts wasn't ashamed to play Korpisalo back to back when they needed wins and I don't know he's interested in giving him his debut when the team is still not in a playoff spot.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Won't be surprised at all if Elvis plays both games. Torts wasn't ashamed to play Korpisalo back to back when they needed wins and I don't know he's interested in giving him his debut when the team is still not in a playoff spot.

This. Kiv is going to play less than 5 total games before going back to Cleveland.*

*unless Elvis gets hurt.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Well that’s not exactly an ideal start.

was the last time we beat these guys in LA like 2015?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad