BRUINS GDT GAME 43 7:07 PM - MINNESOTA - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Last two periods were a chore....

I really like the idea of a C/W coming in as a trade deadline acquisition. I really don't think Krejci/DeBrusk work, as much as it's been forced down our throats for the past two seasons. It would be nice to mix and match a little with that middle-6. As I said in the off-season, maybe focus should be put on getting a C for DeBrusk instead of a winger for Krejci.... Same end goal with emphasis put on future. Kid line is cute and makes for good entertainment whether you're winning or losing, but we all know that isn't viable in the post season.

This group of D is deep. Chara sticks out like a sore thumb sometimes. He has his usefulness. I'm not sure it's 20+ minutes in all situations, though his presence was missed.

Who are the right linemates for Debrusk? He plays a pretty individual game.

For that matter, has DeBrusk even played that well this season aside from tip-ins around the net? Just 3 assists, and not many snipes. He has to diversify his game and use his linemates more.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Perhaps the most boring 4 goal win I’ve ever seen in my life. They dominated for just about a full 60, and nothing special happened all night. Dull. Dull. Dull hockey game.

Buuuuut, dos puntos

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
When JFK wants to, he's got sneaky good acceleration with the puck on his stick. He showed that off a couple of times tonight; I thought he looked good out there.
Yes he did although admittedly I wasn’t watching the game closely after the 1st period . Kind of a snooze fest but much needed considering the next two games on tap .

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Leafs board getting nervous.When you enter you can feel it shaking :brrr:

Hey Toronnnto

iu

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
When JFK wants to, he's got sneaky good acceleration with the puck on his stick. He showed that off a couple of times tonight; I thought he looked good out there.

glad you mentioned that - it was probably the first time that i saw it from him, and did a double take to see
who it was. i'd still use him as bait in a deal, but good to see a little jump in his step.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Gee He has 14 goals in 33 games

Is constructive criticism not allowed here? If you're happy with Jake's 3 assists be my guest, but personally I would like to see him use his linemates better. Otherwise it's Kyle Connor all the way, to say nothing of Mathew Bar-zal.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Good to see some nice points on JFK and I know Heinen got the early goal. Does that line seem to be growing together or is it still coming inconsistently. I have missed the last two tv broadcasts. Was able to catch some of last nights game on the radio broadcast.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Good little video of Marchand on Sportsnet during second intermission back in Nova Scotia in the off season with Anson Carter doing the interview

Brad likes to hunt and says he's a predator

...I couldn't help thinking he'd be a good fit for Nashville

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Is constructive criticism not allowed here? If you're happy with Jake's 3 assists be my guest, but personally I would like to see him use his linemates better. Otherwise it's Kyle Connor all the way, to say nothing of Mathew Bar-zal.
I like Barzal! The Tavares contract is going to screw TO!

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
Textbook play with the lead, everyone looked good and the defense, pk and Tuukka were excellent.

I read about the wild being sticky in the pregame and they lived up to that, I thought I was watching a game from the 90’s. The refs seemed to want to call all the wrong penalties and let go all the clutching and grabbing which really killed the flow.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Connor just went 10 straight games without a point.Jake is in his 2nd year and scores big goals.I get what your saying but Jake will be there in playoffs with some big goals.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I love how half the Leaf fans sound worried and half are still posting with their cocky attitude about how they'll beat Boston in the playoffs... Yupp pretty much read that post for the last 2 years.
Leafs will destroy Boston come playoff time. They have spritely legs, high octane offensive output. What do we have? Malaise in line 2 and 3. Some muckers in line 4? We are doomed. Might as well fold the franchise and move them to Topeka Kansas. The Topeka Bruins..sounds good. All Hail Harold Ballard.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Leafs will destroy Boston come playoff time. They have spritely legs, high octane offensive output. What do we have? Malaise in line 2 and 3. Some muckers in line 4? We are doomed. Might as well fold the franchise and move them to Topeka Kansas. The Topeka Bruins..sounds good. All Hail Harold Ballard.
all hail Harold Ballard and Dmitri Yusavatoks!

Reactions: Boston Bruno

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Moore quietly on pace for 4G/14A this season, which is right around where he's been the last few seasons. If he can start to find the score sheet, it could be a career year for him in points (22 being his current career high)
Him and Halak have been some pretty underrated pickups by Sweenius. Good job on him not overpaying on those guys.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Where are all the tuukka haters from the first few games of the year at? Now up to a .920 save percentage on the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->