Pre-Game Talk: Game 43 1/17 7:37 PM - Julien looking forward to Boston homecoming with Canadiens | NBCSN, SN, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Video tribute for a coach is tricky as what do you show for highlights?

All they need to do is flash this picture on the HDX - the crowd will respond.

0616_claude_julien.jpg

Uh, there's absolutely a Clode highlight reel

giphy.gif

julien.gif

claude+julien+GIF+02.gif

InfamousSafeIberianemeraldlizard.gif

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Julien is a Class Act!:clap:

Julien looking forward to Boston homecoming with Canadiens

"I chatted with the coaching staff a little before the game. I got text messages from the players and hopefully some of them will want to say hi to me in Boston. It will be a little easier there. When you've gone through what you have with those guys and accomplished so much, there's more than just a coach-player relationship. That bond that exists will always exist. I have so much respect for those guys, what they accomplished, what they went through to get there, what they did for me as a coach. You don't have success as a coach if you don't have the support of your players and have your core group believing in what you're doing. Those guys were second to none when it came to leadership qualities and support. It didn't matter what I did behind the bench. I could pull them off after 15 seconds and they'd sit and wait for me to tell them they were going back on. They were great soldiers."J

Julien's return to Boston far from just another game - Sportsnet.ca

“There will be butterflies, there’s no doubt about it,” Julien explained. “You don’t spend 10 years in a city you enjoyed coaching in and had success in, one you built a family life in, without feeling something about it. I have a lot of respect for that city. I love that city."

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’m sure he will get a well deserved ovation,he did a great job for the Bruins.But it was time to move on from him,Bruins just aren’t built to play his system anymore.

"I'm looking forward to it," he said, "but I'll also be happy when it's over."

Julien's homecoming will share the spotlight with former Bruins forward Willie O'Ree, who will be there to celebrate the 60th anniversary of his breaking the NHL color barrier when he played for Boston in a 3-0 victory against the Canadiens at the Forum on Jan. 18, 1958.

Julien said he has no expectations of anything that will be done to mark his return to Boston. On March 24, 2016, he was feted in a pregame ceremony to celebrate his 388th Bruins win -- he has 419 with Boston -- to become their winningest coach, passing the legendary Art Ross.

"I haven't been asked or told, and I'm not expecting anything," said Julien, whose Canadiens lost to the Bruins 4-3 in a shootout Saturday, the first of three times the two teams are scheduled to play over eight days. "If there is anything, so be it.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Can't wait for this one. Gonna be snowed in here in CT. Nothing better than some late night hockey, especially against the Habs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m sure he will get a well deserved ovation,he did a great job for the Bruins.But it was time to move on from him,Bruins just aren’t built to play his system anymore.

I'm not even sure you can even build a team anymore to execute his system the way it needs to be executed in today's NHL.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Must be weird being Claude. While I bet he has a bigger love for the Bruins and Boston because of everything he went through there, the other team he spent the most time with is their rivals. And, unless he fakes it well, he loves this org. and city too.

And I know it's a job and all but liking both the B's and the Habs is not possible in my head and it must not be in any of your heads too.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This is the one we have been waiting for , a real trouncing of the Montreal Canadians. I feel it in my bones that it will happen. Let’s let it all out and hope Khoudobin stands on his head against the Islanders as the boys are totally gassed from the Canadians game .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->