Pre-Game Talk: Game 43 1/17 7:37 PM - Julien looking forward to Boston homecoming with Canadiens | NBCSN, SN, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Julien looking forward to Boston homecoming with Canadiens

Excellent article with Claude, who says he believes he'd have been fired had they lost Game 7 to Montreal in 2011, that he doesn't expect any big ceremony Wednesday upon his return, praises the fans of Boston, and says other cities are jealous of the success of their teams.

"The city has won a lot of championships. It's created some jealousy because of that, but they support their teams so well and they deserve championships, which they've had in every major league. I have no regrets. My time in Boston was outstanding. A lot of good things happened there."

cut.jpg

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I have a great respect for Claude. He was an excellent coach and a great guy for the Bruins.
I'd like to see a generous ovation for him and a sound beating of his team on Wednesday night.
Agreed, it was just time to move on from his tenure here.
Had a lot of good years here wish him all the best in his personal life, professionally I hope he never wins another game as a Habs coach. I’d give him an ovation as he will receive from the classy fans in Boston.....

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Julien looking forward to Boston homecoming with Canadiens

Excellent article with Claude, who says he believes he'd have been fired had they lost Game 7 to Montreal in 2011, that he doesn't expect any big ceremony Wednesday upon his return, praises the fans of Boston, and says other cities are jealous of the success of their teams.

"The city has won a lot of championships. It's created some jealousy because of that, but they support their teams so well and they deserve championships, which they've had in every major league. I have no regrets. My time in Boston was outstanding. A lot of good things happened there."

cut.jpg

Claude is seen at least twice a month at his favorite breakfast place near Porter Sq in Cambridge. His family still lives in Lexington and Canadiens owner Geoff Molson provides a plane for Claude to spend a night at home when the schedule allows. His family lives less than 10 minutes away from Hanscom Field.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Claude is an ex girlfriend that you have no ill will towards, and you want her to do well, just not better than you.

Claude's time to leave Boston was right for Boston, maybe a little later than some expected. But he had an unforgettable run while he was here. Which everyone should be thankful for.

I think when they renewed his contract, I wasn't sure he was going to make it to the end of that. And that ended up being true.

It's possible he's not going to make it to the end of his new Montreal deal, too.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have a great respect for Claude. He was an excellent coach and a great guy for the Bruins.
I'd like to see a generous ovation for him and a sound beating of his team on Wednesday night.
I will be on my feet and clapping.

I will NOT be happy if any stupid pink hat fans show any disrespect. They don't remember what it was like BEFORE Claude

The players on the B's respect the guy and I will bet they will cheer for him.

All of this being said F the Habs . I know Claude understands this !

I want a BIG B's win.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
WEDNESDAY NIGHT RIVALRY – CANADIENS-BRUINS AT 7:30 P.M. ET ON NBCSN

Kenny Albert (play-by-play), former player, coach and general manager Mike Milbury (analyst), and Keith Jones (analyst) will call Canadiens-Bruins from TD Garden in Boston.

skullguise

Nov 13, 2007
North Andover, MA

+1. And....I'd like the video tribute to show him and other Bruins' players hoisting that cup. Just so his current team will see what they will miss for a LONG time :laugh:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
WEDNESDAY NIGHT RIVALRY – CANADIENS-BRUINS AT 7:30 P.M. ET ON NBCSN

Kenny Albert (play-by-play), former player, coach and general manager Mike Milbury (analyst), and Keith Jones (analyst) will call Canadiens-Bruins from TD Garden in Boston.

Keith Jones is also a former player, and does a good job as analyst.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Joking aside, I loved Clode and didn't even want him fired last year. I'll admit that I was probably wrong on that one.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Winningest coach in the Bruins' history. Much respect to him for that!

But all great things have to come to an end, and that includes his run with the B's. He got a cup out of it; a lot of coaches don't get to say that. I won't say I miss him, exactly, because I'm thrilled with how this young team is playing under Cassidy. But i'll always tip my hat to Claude!

But f*** the habs.

Reactions: Bergyesque

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Claude will go down as one of the all-time great Bruins coaches, maybe the greatest. Huge respect for winning the Cup and putting together some great teams. Marchand was one of the best-developed players ever and Claude had a big part in that.

That said, every coach has a shelf life and it was time for a change.

Reactions: Bergyesque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad