GDT: Game # 42 Rangers @ Devil Dogs - 7pm - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Kreider should play with Chytil. Fil needs a steady accomplice with finishing ability. If I remember right they have a pretty good record in the times they have played together. Let Lafreniere play with the big boys.
Fil needs to move to wing. He doesn’t have the vision of a center. Could be a 20-goal scoring window — maybe peaking at 30 goals.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
"I thought we got some good looks."

Honestly, since I’m not hung up on making the playoffs - would be nice, not saying otherwise - I don’t care if we win or lose as long as we play competitive hockey and don’t look like we had ambien for lunch. What I don’t want to hear is “I guess I just lost him in the shuffle” ever again. The kids have been elevating their game. They’re earning it. Not even saying they need more minutes. I just don’t want to hear excuses for giving them less.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Swap VK with Blackwell on the second. Thanks.

Depending on how Laf plays, I’d even swap Laf and Krav. But yes, it would be nice to see KK or VK in that spot. Blackwell’s been great but he’s not in the long term plans. I get it, playoffs are still the focus.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Fil needs to move to wing. He doesn’t have the vision of a center. Could be a 20-goal scoring window — maybe peaking at 30 goals.
55iw1m.jpg

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Why so much beef ALREADY in this GDT? Save the beef for when Nico scores 35 seconds into the first.

Reactions: will1066

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So Zacha is hurt and they shipped out Gusev, Palmieri, Zajac, Vatanen and Kulikov this week. While I can’t see 4 wins in a row, it will be fairly unacceptable if we aren’t largely the better looking team.
add Lindy Ruff to the equation. 4 in a row.

Either way, we find out what we are....

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kreider should play with Chytil. Fil needs a steady accomplice with finishing ability. If I remember right they have a pretty good record in the times they have played together. Let Lafreniere play with the big boys.
Kreider Chytil Buch had a really great run last season. I've been wanting a Zibs-Chytil switch. Have Zibs play with Laf and Krav... let the youth energy spread

Reactions: bobbop

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Well one thing is for sure, I feel the start of this game is a good indicator of this teams fortitude and makeup. Do they see themselves as playoff hopefuls? Do they see themselves as better than a team that just sold 1/3 of their starters?

Management moved no one at the TDL. Didn’t try to squeeze a 4th out of Smith or PDG. Didn’t move Buch ahead of RFA for a 1st. Stayed the course with everyone. That’s sort of a vote of confidence the locker room should appreciate. This is the home stretch. Playoffs aren’t out of the question even if they’re a reach. Tonight is a game against a rival who is below you in the standings and just sold off 5-6 of their roster regulars. The team should smell blood and show up ready to play and make a push.

If it’s a trademark Xanax first period, something is rotten, be it the voice behind the bench or the mental makeup of the “leadership” on the bench.

Last edited:

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
If it’s a trademark Xanax first period, something is rotten, be it the voice behind the bench or the mental makeup of the “leadership” on the bench.

It will be both. This is Quinn's and Zib/Kreider's issue. Quinn does have individual success with a lot of players. But a team gameplan? Motivating? Nope.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You’d like to see Kreider come out and throw a hit or drive to the net... something to indicate he’s engaged.

We are gonna need both he and Zibanejad on their games down the stretch to have a chance

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You’d like to see Kreider come out and throw a hit or drive to the net... something to indicate he’s engaged.

We are gonna need both he and Zibanejad on their games down the stretch to have a chance
Panarin and Fox were human last game. We have so many weapons.... what happens when 'everything goes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->