GDT: Game # 42 Rangers @ Devil Dogs - 7pm - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
The chance of one team beating another 4 times in a row in the NHL is insanely unlikely despite your nonsensical statement that there's no reason it shouldn't be done.

It's just another contrived device to justify ranting about Quinn.

Same old shit. Different day.
Win or lose, Quinn is not the answer and needs to go.

Reactions: Number 9

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Win or lose, Quinn is not the answer and needs to go.

Maybe, but the notion that any NHL team SHOULD beat another team 4 games in a row is just plain stupid.

If you could make a bet like that in Vegas, Jersey would be ridiculously favored to capture at least 1 game, but reality takes a back seat when agendas are rolling.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The chance of one team beating another 4 times in a row in the NHL is insanely unlikely despite your nonsensical statement that there's no reason it shouldn't be done.

It's just another contrived device to justify ranting about Quinn.

Same old shit. Different day.
A good team pushing for the playoffs can and should beat this New Jersey Devil team. It's not 'insanely unlikely'. A good team beats this New Jersey squad 4 times.

more non-sense, par for the course.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
In fairness, 17% of NHL playoff series end in a sweep, and that's only playoff teams.

THE PUCK REPORT: NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Sweeps.

That's a one in six chance, not insanely unlikely at all.

That's in the playoffs, where the team that sweeps is likely an elite team.

The Rangers are not an elite team.

But even in your playoff scenario, it's 17%, which would mean that the Rangers would have a 17% chance of sweeping Jersey.

Any math geniuses out there believe that a 17% chance of something happening equals should?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
17%=should?

You're a math major?

As usual the reality is between the two extremes.

It's not a tiny percentage chance, it's a relatively substantial one, but expecting NYR to take all 8 points is also unreasonable. It's not "Likely" even if we play great.

I think 6 points of 8 is a solid expectation for a team trending upwards against a team already out of the race. Much like I fully expect Boston to take at least 9 points in their 6 games against Buffalo

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
So Zacha is hurt and they shipped out Gusev, Palmieri, Zajac, Vatanen and Kulikov this week. While I can’t see 4 wins in a row, it will be fairly unacceptable if we aren’t largely the better looking team.
4 in a row really would be asking for just a bit too much even against a pee-wee team, but agreed, we should be sharks out there.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
A good team pushing for the playoffs can and should beat this New Jersey Devil team. It's not 'insanely unlikely'. A good team beats this New Jersey squad 4 times.

more non-sense, par for the course.

17%=should?

Since no one is stupid enough to believe 17%=SHOULD (see, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt) , it's apparent you're setting it up for your multiple, daily rants.

Boston plays Buffalo 4 times this week. Boston needs it and Buffalo is worse than Jersey. SHOULD Boston win all 4?

Will they win all 4?

Keep circulating bullshit.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
So Zacha is hurt and they shipped out Gusev, Palmieri, Zajac, Vatanen and Kulikov this week. While I can’t see 4 wins in a row, it will be fairly unacceptable if we aren’t largely the better looking team.
"I thought we got some good looks."

Reactions: LokiDog

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Rangers have a 60% chance of winning tonight according to MoneyPuck.

We are playing a FAR INFERIOR team. Winning 4 in a row is NOT 'insanely unlikely'

You're really clueless about statistics and probabilty. Maybe it's not just agenda. That's scary.

Reactions: SA16

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If I recall, Boston finishes on a easy schedule against teams currently out of the playoff race. We start the next stretch easy then hit the top teams. Realistically, we have to catch up to Boston in the next 6-7 games. 6 points or less is perfectly fine but if we're gonna make the playoffs, 7 is the minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->