GDT: Game # 42 Rangers @ Devil Dogs - 7pm - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think we're seeing two factors that we need to overcome.

First of all, Panarin, Strome, and Buchnevich are the only forwards on the roster who drive 5v5 offense worth half a damn. Kakko, Lafreniere, and Kravtsov hopefully mature into that role and the problem solves itself.

And I just think we're too slow. The best example is Kreider. At some point during the last two years or so he lost a step and he took our entire forecheck down with him. He was the only player capable of chasing down a dump-in aside from Panarin (who is low-key a great forechecker).

That speed will have to come from the roster spots occupied by Rooney, Howden and Blackwell, no?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I think we're seeing two factors that we need to overcome.

First of all, Panarin, Strome, and Buchnevich are the only forwards on the roster who drive 5v5 offense worth half a damn. Kakko, Lafreniere, and Kravtsov hopefully mature into that role and the problem solves itself.

And I just think we're too slow. The best example is Kreider. At some point during the last two years or so he lost a step and he took our entire forecheck down with him. He was the only player capable of chasing down a dump-in aside from Panarin (who is low-key a great forechecker).
Couldn't agree more. Kravtsov has been a revelation in the skating department in that respect.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That speed will have to come from the roster spots occupied by Rooney, Howden and Blackwell, no?
Probably more like the spot occupied by Zibanejad if it were up to me. Yes, Blackwell. Rooney is actually a really good forechecker and I have no issue at all with him being on the 4th line, but you need it in your top 9 as well.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Watching Kravtsov and Miller take the body and go back for more to win their puck battles, and then Zibanejad trip all over himself and lose the puck to avoid getting hit... is quite the juxtaposition.
Mika is very much playing like someone who knows he's 1 concussion away from being in a lot of trouble and knows concussive hits can happen on innocent plays. It's astounding how much he avoids contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad