GDT: Game 42: Rangers @ Coyotes - 2 PM - FSAZ - HOT or NOT

Who is the first half MVP?

• Total voters

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Who is directly to the left of Gretzky on the bench with the "Did he just say what I think he said?" face?

I was wondering that myself, so it's probably not somebody obvious.

Best guess is Oleg Saprykin, who came up in another thread just recently :laugh:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I was wondering that myself, so it's probably not somebody obvious.

Best guess is Oleg Saprykin, who came up in another thread just recently :laugh:

I am assuming it is a defenseman, since it is on that side of the rotation, with forwards at the top. My best guess is Sean O'Donnell.

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
But when I put that out there on social media I got all kinds of excuses as why nobody was there and why we were outnumbered by visiting teams fans.

At least they were quiet, though. Very polite guests today. And from New York of all places...

Funniest moment: post game, as it was Howlers birthday, there were a lot of mascots, the NJ Devils mascot pointing at and giving the "boo hoo" sign to Ranger fans next to their penalty box.

Reactions: kbay

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
But when I put that out there on social media I got all kinds of excuses as why nobody was there and why we were outnumbered by visiting teams fans.

Its easy.

Tons of people watched the game at home. Saw the Coyotes play a good game. Slightly regret not going. They'll watch the road games where they'll win two of three and come home. Fans will buy tickets to the next game, they lose 6 - 1. Said fans lose interest.

Thats the way it works.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

One decent game or even a handful of them doesn't make a team or an organization. The failures of the past always catch up to you. The Coyotes have been so bad for so long that they've minted very few fans in the last 15 years. It doesn't take a genius to see that teams like Nashville have done it better and are benefiting as a result.

Reactions: azcanuck

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Archie literally fights better than Crouse. Hang your head in shame, Lawson.

More shameful, someone was beat up by him. Also shameful, he and Garland are the model workers today.

Fun Fake Fact: Garland on Archibald's shoulders, still isn't taller than Hill.

Reactions: kbay

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Best game I have seen all year. Fast, pushing the play, throwing the puck at the net. 4th and 3rd line guys showing the other 2 lines how to play. And now Archibald starts a fight. Gally, Keller, Stepan you better suck it up and take notice.
Gally? He has been our best forward the last while. Not sure if we are watching the same player.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I've always wondered why Crouse is pegged as a fighter. Didn't he make his name as a skill guy in juniors?

Never have figured out why big guys have to be pugilists too in the NHL.

Fights
Archibald - 2 NHL, 7 AHL.
Crouse - 8 NHL, 2 AHL, and 15 OHL.

Personally, I don't think that's the role of either player, but good to have a couple of guys that can throw them when unavoidable. Archibald surprised me.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Its easy.

Tons of people watched the game at home. Saw the Coyotes play a good game. Slightly regret not going. They'll watch the road games where they'll win two of three and come home. Fans will buy tickets to the next game, they lose 6 - 1. Said fans lose interest.

Thats the way it works.
Plus the arena is in Butt Fruck Egypt. Who wants to drive through that awful traffic to the ghetto to watch that product?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
One decent game or even a handful of them doesn't make a team or an organization. The failures of the past always catch up to you. The Coyotes have been so bad for so long that they've minted very few fans in the last 15 years. It doesn't take a genius to see that teams like Nashville have done it better and are benefiting as a result.
Chyka should look at Nashville as a model for success. Not many superstar players but a lot of very good ones who play with a nasty edge. We pretty well got the opposite here.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Terrific effort and execution. 40 minutes of domination and then rode out the 3rd.

Well done!

Yeah, well done to score on them, when they invited to it... has been plenty of time that hasn't even worked for the Yotes.

But really. Rangers looked so bad.

They say Zuccarello has fallen off a cliff, and he looked like he had fallen off a cliff. I think it happened when the Rangers decided to tank last season. Take the fun out of it for him, he looks like the type to stop being good then. At least he won't get traded this way. Perhaps he can be signed as a lower middle-price UFA, if they think they won't extend him themselves, even? :sarcasm:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Fights
Archibald - 2 NHL, 7 AHL.
Crouse - 8 NHL, 2 AHL, and 15 OHL.

Personally, I don't think that's the role of either player, but good to have a couple of guys that can throw them when unavoidable. Archibald surprised me.

Archibald’s path to professional hockey was through the NCAA where fighting is a game misconduct. That probably explains the numbers.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yeah, well done to score on them, when they invited to it... has been plenty of time that hasn't even worked for the Yotes.

But really. Rangers looked so bad.

They say Zuccarello has fallen off a cliff, and he looked like he had fallen off a cliff. I think it happened when the Rangers decided to tank last season. Take the fun out of it for him, he looks like the type to stop being good then. At least he won't get traded this way. Perhaps he can be signed as a lower middle-price UFA, if they think they won't extend him themselves, even? :sarcasm:
We Coyote fans know a "tank" job when we see it! Rangers have been outscored 18-3 in 2019 and looked disinterested from puck drop straight through.

Zucc is a 31 year old undersized forward, sure they'll look to move him at the TDL, but he's making $4.5M and is a 3rd liner at best based on results this year. Heck, I'd rather have Garland.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Archibald’s path to professional hockey was through the NCAA where fighting is a game misconduct. That probably explains the numbers.

True, but I was surprised by how many times he dropped the mitts in the A. Garland has a few fights under his belt as well. Must be some type of Napolean complex.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I am assuming it is a defenseman, since it is on that side of the rotation, with forwards at the top. My best guess is Sean O'Donnell.
It's Saprykin.

Mara, Leclerc, Saprykin, Mike Johnson, Deveroux, Comrie, Nash, Ricci

For the guys whose faces can be seen, anyway.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Excellent win, love Garland and just the energy throughout collectively. It is important for the development of the younger guys.

Reactions: MIG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->