GDT: Game 42: Predators @ Coyotes - 7PM/FSAZ - Of Weeds and Weedwackers

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Position of the goalie's skates determine where he is for the purposes of that rule, even if the contact itself is outside the blue, if the goalie has a skate in the crease he's considered "in the crease" for the purposes of the rule. It's similar to the offside rule, where the position of the player's skates in contact with the ice are the sole determining factor about where he's considered to "be."

If that's how it reads it should be changed. As far as I'm concerned if the goalie leaves the crease he should be fair game to hit him. That review last night was just plain stupid. The goalie put his pad outside the post, in the path of Chychurn's momentum which was wide of the net.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Who would have thought that a line of three skilled players would create scoring chances?

I loved the distribution of ice time last night, except Archibald. Maybe RT is saying effort means as much as talent. Stepan, Rieder and Perlini are you listening?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm going to keep wearing my Vegas sweater to games, because they only seem to win at home when I rep the Golden Knights.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I liked seeing Duclair/Domi/Keller, except when Tocchet sent them out for a defensive zone face off late in the game. That was nuts. They looked like three 14 year olds lined up against the much bigger Nashville line. And, they lost the face off.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Getting the 10th win was huge. Now when you scan the standings we don't stand out as the only team with a single digit in the win column.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hilarious moment in the OT on the game-winning rush: Matt McConnell was yelling, "Maybe a three-on-one here if the Coyotes hurry," and the millisecond he said it Stepan, who was in the rush with Fischer and Chychrun, got off the gas and coasted to the blue line.

Now, I'm pretty sure he did this to be in position in case the rush got broken and the puck got turned back the other way, but I still laughed because a) it IMMEDIATELY contradicted what McConnell was yelling and b) I knew that somewhere out there, there were some F40 posters having conniption fits... :D

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hilarious moment in the OT on the game-winning rush: Matt McConnell was yelling, "Maybe a three-on-one here if the Coyotes hurry," and the millisecond he said it Stepan, who was in the rush with Fischer and Chychrun, got off the gas and coasted to the blue line.

Now, I'm pretty sure he did this to be in position in case the rush got broken and the puck got turned back the other way, but I still laughed because a) it IMMEDIATELY contradicted what McConnell was yelling and b) I knew that somewhere out there, there were some F40 posters having conniption fits... :D

Thanks to my NHL.TV subscription, I rarely listen to the Coyotes broadcast team. It's sometimes enlightening to hear what the rest of the league thinks about your team.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Well, they surprised me there at the end; I figured we'd lose it. Good on 'em (or thanks for Sarosing Nashville). I know it's been a while for a win, but McConnel's call sounded like we won a conference finals game or something. Of course, OEL watching, he cost us one goal (yet again), he's becoming "Yandelesque" in his turnovers...

Reactions: Yandover and kbay

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Glad the Yotes were able to pull this rabbit out of the hat. Good game overall by Raanta but I wan't too thrilled with how he got beat on the goals that did go in. But, overall, he was the mvp last night.

When Duke scored I just thought, "Well, that's one less player who can score we are going to miss if we trade him". Nice move to the net and he had other chances too. At points the Yotes weren't looking so hot but that's what winning teams do... they find ways to get by until they get it together. Also, they don't have those lulls too often. Nice to beat a quality team, even though they are struggling atm.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
OH I forgot!

I also loved how McConnell and Nash were getting into disagreements during the game. Kind of spiced it up for me haha. Sounds like they are pretty fed up with some of the nonsense that's going on that they have to commentate night in and out. I'll take that instead of sunshine and rainbows when the team is underperforming. As long as it isn't total doom and gloom or over the top, that is.

I can only hope that's why they got into it a bit, at least.

Reactions: Yandover

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I also loved how McConnell and Nash were getting into disagreements during the game. Kind of spiced it up for me haha. Sounds like they are pretty fed up with some of the nonsense that's going on that they have to commentate night in and out. I'll take that instead of sunshine and rainbows when the team is underperforming. As long as it isn't total doom and gloom or over the top, that is.

It was hilarious. Much more enjoyable than usual.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
“Might as well.... nothing else has worked...” - Matt McConnell

McConnell is hilarious, but I would stick with proven results.

2w2n1cl.png

MisterPurple

Jun 24, 2017
OH I forgot!

I can only hope that's why they got into it a bit, at least.

Maybe he's just tired of hearing Nash saying "you gotta win that faceoff" on literally every single offensive and defensive zone faceoff. And you gotta put that on net on every single missed shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad