Lapland
CLIMAX-575x323.jpg

Climax_graphic.png

drop_original.jpg

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Always looking forward to seeing bandwagon 2010 in the AAC. <---Derp i thought they were playing at home lol. Damn you eyes!

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Go Stars...

We'll see how much they learned from the exhibition Chicago put on in their last meeting. Playing like they have the last 2 games isn't going to cut it. They've gotten back to their fraudulent ways and are spending inordinate amounts of time without the puck and in their own zone. Trapping hard will get you past mediocre teams like the Sharks and Preds but not Chicago.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
If detroit keep winning (have an easier run than us) someone may have to use that south park image..."you have a chance to make the playoffs...aaaaand its gone"

Go Stars Go.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
Kari is starting forsure right? Thank god they played St.Louis today and man was it a rough game. Winning this game would be huge and gives this team hope that they CAN beat the mighty blackhawks and any team on any given night for the rest of the way.

jhr1986

Jul 2, 2012
DFWish
I'd like to believe that the Stars can beat the hawks, especially considering that the hawks played sunday.

But that would be silly. #14 draft pick, who will you be?

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
After this run there on is over I'll stop believing until then keep it going. I never thought they would beat the 8-1-1 sharks (1 of the losses against us earlier in the week) last night in a B2B and definitely didn't think we would go 3-0 without kari, or 5-0 after the deadline to when you think about it. I know that Playoffs are still a long shot but at the end of the day this season was a transition year and the way the kids are stepping up makes me even more excited for the next wave of rookies next season.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hawks are obviously a much stronger team, and we're in their barn for this one, but Dallas is one of the few teams that actually has fared better on the road than at home. Might not make a difference here, but if they bring the same energy that we've seen over the past week or so, the Hawks will have their hands full.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
I'm not saying that tanking is the wrong way to go either and we should compete no matter what but after witnessing first hand the vicious cycle the Oilers are stuck in sometimes competing isn't that bad a option when you have a prospect pool as deep as ours already only piece were truly missing is a #1 center hopefully another shotgun draft of centers with 4 picks in the top 60 can find that. Just wanted to include that with my previous post lol anyways

Go Stars Go Win 'Em All ;)

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Realistically, they probably need to get 2 out of 4 points against the Hawks and Canucks to stay alive. Still haven't bought in 100%. I've been hurt too many times.

PS Does anyone else have the weird moment on whether to us "we" or "they" in posts referring to the Stars as a team? I never know which I feel is better to use from my perspective.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I wonder if it ever enters into the heads of the players on Chicago to just throw this game. I'm thinking probably not because they are proud professional athletes but it is absolutely in their best interest that Dallas finishes 8th instead of Detroit or Minnesota.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
PS Does anyone else have the weird moment on whether to us "we" or "they" in posts referring to the Stars as a team? I never know which I feel is better to use from my perspective.
There wouldn't be the Dallas Stars without us fans paying there salaries if you want to think of it that way lol

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Is Kari ready for this??

If yes, then it's Kari vs. Emery.. We gotta chance+ I think every player wants to revenge the 8-1 game from a month ago..

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I wonder if it ever enters into the heads of the players on Chicago to just throw this game. I'm thinking probably not because they are proud professional athletes but it is absolutely in their best interest that Dallas finishes 8th instead of Detroit or Minnesota.

Think Chicago will just let us have this one? Who would you rather play in the first round us or Detroit? Hmmm tough one.

Hawks fan here...

No. I know you guys were only semi-serious but this has been the Hawks since they won the cup...

2010-11: Due to a Cup hangover and a depleted depth, had a lot of struggles for most of the season. Limped into the playoffs as a #8 seed. Played a hard fought, but ultimately disappointing 1st round against Vancouver

2011-12: Played slightling better throughout the season. Outplated the Coyotes for most of that series, but couldn't get past the tight D and Mike Smith.

2 1st round exits since the Cup win. Many experts and fans were/are expecting this Hawks core to go far into the playoffs every season. This is the year they start doing it. Every single player on that team is hungry and determined. I'm sure they dont care if they're playing Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Edmonton (maybe Edmonton lol) or anybody in any round. They want the cup and they'll win as many games as they can the rest of the regular season. There are no nights off or easy opponents.

If anything, they'll probably want to prove to themselves again that they can get past Lehtonen i.e. a hot goalie so they dont get paranoid if it happens again in the playoffs.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
If anything, they'll probably want to prove to themselves again that they can get past Lehtonen i.e. a hot goalie so they dont get paranoid if it happens again in the playoffs.

My thoughts exactly- great post. This is a huge B2B game for the Hawks. I don't expect them to come out tired. They're gonna come out flying at home and hungry for the win.

Without exceptional goaltending tonight, Dallas gets a loss. Especially if they play in their own zone all game. We've been bailed out by Bachman the past 2 games and it was only Kari's unbelievable efforts throughout the season that even have us in this position right now. Chicago will want every bit of momentum they can get going into the playoffs.

Expect this to be the beginning of the tank, Stars fans.

8th place is getting a bit further away tonight, while a nice top 10 pick may be possible.

Tank it up.

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013
Is Kari ready for this??

If yes, then it's Kari vs. Emery.. We gotta chance+ I think every player wants to revenge the 8-1 game from a month ago..

Bachman is in form though so I think it is a tough call.

We're going to need max effort and a little luck to get a W from this game or the next game vs. Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad