GDT: Game 42 - CBJ vs SJS - 4 Jan, 1pm, @Nat

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Whatever could you expect?! Good Lord the Columbus Blue Monsters are arguably the most inexperienced squad being iced in the league!
If there isn't a will to play maybe they shouldn't play, this isn't about the inexperience.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I can’t tell if we just lost a 12 game point streak or extended a 12 game losing streak. Good lord people get a grip. Our lineup is made up of half of our AHL team. I think the effort was there but San Jose trapped up because they have to due to their goalie. They’re also a pretty talented team all things considered.

also we lost to a western conference opponent. Other than losing a game, it’s not like this loss is hurting us in the conference.

We weren’t going to win out or get a point out. It happens. We’ve been lucky to even get points in some of these games. It was a good streak. Start a new one.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, but it’s misleading. The horrible line change left him (and Savard) facing an odd man rush and the other was the breakaway by the Shark exiting the box.
Plus, Milano was at fault for the breakaway goal and Nyquist didn’t bother skating back to pick up EK on the 3rd goal

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Didn't see the game but it sounds like they were pretty flat. They were due for a loss. Eventually the lack of experience and the injuries will come into play, but these guys will still play hard. Let's see how they rebound.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This was the first game in quite a stretch that Torts hit the line blender button going to 22-18-14 and 71-38-24 and 11-10-50

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I can’t tell if we just lost a 12 game point streak or extended a 12 game losing streak. Good lord people get a grip. Our lineup is made up of half of our AHL team. I think the effort was there but San Jose trapped up because they have to due to their goalie. They’re also a pretty talented team all things considered.

also we lost to a western conference opponent. Other than losing a game, it’s not like this loss is hurting us in the conference.

We weren’t going to win out or get a point out. It happens. We’ve been lucky to even get points in some of these games. It was a good streak. Start a new one.
Right on. With half the NHL guys injured, we hadn't lost a game in regulation in basically a calendar month. If anyone wants to jump out of a window because of this...

...be my guest. Just don't land on my car.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Credit the Sharks; they brought the energy to start the game and that really hampered how the jackets have been succeeding. The boys got some momentum back towards the end of the first but SJS scoring meant they could trap up and choke the life out of us.

There just wasn't an answer for the clogging, counter attack hockey that the second half of the game was played. Some more vigorous forechecking on those dump ins would have been nice. It's where I start to wonder if Torts' favoritism/ice time control is playing against us with some guys getting fatigued.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
WTF are you talking about?
You know when you want to play, to win, to work your ass off for the team? That's called the will, it's hard to play the game if you don't have that. Haven't heard of it? I didn't see much of that in this game, snooze fest where D scored 2 goals.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
You know when you want to play, to win, to work your ass off for the team? That's called the will, it's hard to play the game if you don't have that. Haven't heard of it? I didn't see much of that in this game, snooze fest where D scored 2 goals.
I admittedly missed the last period and a half. But you can’t be serious with this. We have a team full of kids playing well above their heads and just ended a streak of points in 12 games. Their inexperience, yes inexperience, at this level was going to catch up eventually and it did today in a game that wasn’t a blowout but instead was a one-goal loss. I don’t understand how you can possibly be upset about this.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Have to laugh , as I’ve said for years , and he’s proving it, reason why you don’t pay big money to a goalie , especially one that has shown he wilts under pressure . Thank god our GM understands this .

Jarmo was willing to pay him.

"Young fool.. only now at the end do you understand.." lol but Im sure Jarmo isnt too upset that Bob refused to sign in Cbus and has learned it almost the hard way, as Bob said that Jarmo was offering him to sign on many occasions during the last season. Much to Bob's annoyance. So lets not have illusions about our manager, he kept standing near Bob with a checkbook for a year.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Guys, it wasn't that they lost but how they lost.
A very weak effort...they started ok, but then they crapped themselves until Z made it 3-2.

Even my wife said they looked like they couldn't make a pass this game.

A terrible game to have driven 10 hours for....

Reactions: OscarsCards

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
I admittedly missed the last period and a half. But you can’t be serious with this. We have a team full of kids playing well above their heads and just ended a streak of points in 12 games. Their inexperience, yes inexperience, at this level was going to catch up eventually and it did today in a game that wasn’t a blowout but instead was a one-goal loss. I don’t understand how you can possibly be upset about this.
Well I'm not the one who is upset, I'm just pointing out. That point streak were you know even bad teams has their point streaks.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well I'm not the one who is upset, I'm just pointing out. That point streak were you know even bad teams has their point streaks.

Careful OC, you will be criticized for not seeing the SC potential in this team. I mean look at what happened as a result of the 16 game winning streak a few years ago. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->