Post-Game Talk: GAME #42: Canucks 0 @ Devils 4: Great start boys, proud of you (twitch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Nok Hockey..you can go away now....your team sucks.......what is your core anyway? looks middling to me

Canucks were sleeping in this one. You have to ugly it up and go to the net against Jersey because they are gonna just plug the neutral zone and the front of their net......Honestly if i was a fan of that franchise i probably would have stopped watching hockey a long time ago.....oh well the trap works especially when you can counter with speed and some huge goalie that is playing well...kudos to Blackwood.

As for us....not bad pace and certainly did more effective puck movement but too many fly byes the net to get it done. Shot attempts 66 to 4o VCR

Leivo Pettersson i thought were our best forwards and probably should have been united before it was too late.

Horvat Boeser Eriksson just not good enough.....these are the money guys and they have to step up. Horvat has looked burned out lately. Boeser needs to have some cleanliness to his play...just too sloppy and Eriksson well we all know the story here.

Baertschi made some slick plays but just like Goldobin and Granlund these guys are just way too much on the perimeter to be effective in these type of games. Goldobin is really poor in his own end right now. Granlund had jump today but you gotta burry those point blank chances and also missed a couple decent tip opportunities.

Virtanen...i'm not sure whats going on with him and Green right now...Non factor for 2 periods then suddenly one of our best for the 3rd? Too bad he hit the post on that rush....seems like he should get a few of those a game if he could get into it a bit sooner. I really want to see him and Boeser pair up with Pettersson if he's not playing well with Horvat.....somebody needs to back the defense off and get these guys some space. It's worth a look IMO....Leivo got it without any track record?

Roussel with Boeser and Pettersson wasn't a bad idea but Green after getting down and seeing that Roussel was fighting the puck should have switched it up sooner. Have to say that Severson is a p***y for turtling against a guy he is that much bigger than and like your goalie is hurt after a push into the crease?....what a joke

Beagle Motte non factors in a game your down 2-0 early.

The defense weren't all that bad...Edler on the PP is still frustrating as ever and got backed in a few times. No one stood out good or too bad IMO. Really like Edler and Gudbransons physical play lately

Nilsson wasn't good.

Green did a poor job with the bench in this one

Last edited:
Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Roussel should never ever be on a line with EP & Boeser. Great energy player but a moron with no skill.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The guy who’s number 1 in my fantasty league traded Nico Hischer for Nikolai Goldobin.....

Comparing him to Pettersson is like comparing RNH to Mackinnon.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I told you Valky. I freakin told ya :rant:

I'm sorry it's all my fault please don't hurt me!
0WC3cdT.gif

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Roussel should never ever be on a line with EP & Boeser. Great energy player but a moron with no skill.

He does have skill tho... And he was definitely needed on that line early... we all saw Boeser wasn't going go into a corner to win a puck battle today.

But yes.. Ideally we are better off to use Roussel in a shut down role...

Wanna see Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen reunited as our shutdown line - can't wait actually.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Such is the nightmare for our back-up goalie. You don't play for 2 weeks, and your 1st game back is an early game in the east. And the other goalie is stoning your team. Kinda feel for Nilsson.

He is the living definition of cannon fodder. Clearly the team has zero plans that include him in their future and clearly he doesn't give a damn about whatever doomsday scenario they put him in when he's ice cold. He deserves better but won't get it here.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Not mad about this one. We usually poo the bed in early games. Just weird as this was not the game I expected to lose of the the road trip. Don’t mind the loss but getting shut out by NJD... gross. No EP40 points ...

Remember when we used to have Luongo/Miller consistent goaltending? Those were nice times. (Before anyone brings up the game here or there that they were bad , all goalies have those. I’m talking about 4/5 games of a solid chance to win).

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Not a good game by the team today, but they did have a good December.... (8-5-1).

Team is getting healthy, and the schedule turns in the Canucks favour in 2019.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Oh, man I forgot this game was so early. Looks like I didn't miss anything important...I didn't really have high hopes for a morning road game after a long flight anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->