Post-Game Talk: GAME #42: Canucks 0 @ Devils 4: Great start boys, proud of you (twitch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Okay great, Hischier helped our team to a playoff spot. Lets see what Pettersson can do...

I simply stated Zacha has 173 games played to somebody laughing that hes in the NHL meanwhile their pick the next year hasnt touched NHL ice.
Weird how you aren’t using Boeser as a comparable as they were drafted the same year. Why is that?

Is Hischier helping your playoff run this year? Kind of weird how your season is coinciding with Hall not doing well...

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
And so is your assessment of him

Zacha is a reason the Devils PK is 3rd overall and he has a 3-game goal streak.

He just scored on you today...
I'm not saying write him off or give up on him. I'm also not saying he's completely useless. But without 5th overall pedigree he should and would be seasoning in the AHL which is why the Devils sent him down earlier this season. Because he just isn't quite at the NHL level and would benefit from having some playing time to get his offensive back to what it was when they drafted him.

Out of that top 10 in 2015 he's the only question mark still on that board. He could easily figure it out, like we believe Virtanen has, but he definitely still has a long way to go. His vision on the ice in the offensive zone is low, but he can score a bit I guess.

He's not NHL calibre right now, but that's okay. I'm also not a Juolevi fan and think he isn't NHL calibre either so I'm happy he's not in the NHL right now

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
He very well could be - but Hischier to me is a skilltype you need for contending teams. Guys like Toews, Kopitar, Scheifele, these two way centers who can do everything well and tally up points while doing it are crucial for Cup runs.

I cant pinpoint exactly Pettersson’s style but he sure as hell has more flash than Hischier

I mean... you guys already gave us that in Horvat? (Thanks again for that) ...really wish Schneider was doing better for you though. Always wished him well.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
He very well could be - but Hischier to me is a skilltype you need for contending teams. Guys like Toews, Kopitar, Scheifele, these two way centers who can do everything well and tally up points while doing it are crucial for Cup runs.

I cant pinpoint exactly Pettersson’s style but he sure as hell has more flash than Hischier
He’s already at the “guys you win with” stage of prospect development

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
As soon as I heard "na-na-na-na" in a 10 AM/1 PM regular season game against non-rivals in different conferences I immediately knew they somehow even had less to look forward to than the Canucks.

Leave him be, he's lashing out to numb the pain.

Boy, must suck to not have Horvat then!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I can’t believe talking about Pavel Zacha caused so much shit here. He finally hits double digits in points and it’s something of worthy discussion?

Markus Granlund has 14 pts and he’s the most useless player.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Bizarro world here. Green seems to love and play all the players I would probably bench. Eriksson and Granlund I would sit a game or two, not keep promoting them in every situation where you need a goal.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
All things considered
I'd rather have Boeser and Juolevi compared to Zacha & Mcleod if we are being fair.

We can take Juolevi completely out of this and it’s still a no brainer to take Boeser over those two players.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I guess I cant blame devil fans for being so salty... traded pick that became Horvat for a high paid goalie who cant win to save his life..

then won the lottery after they went ahead of us in the standings late in that season only for us to get the best player from the draft

Reactions: dim jim and EP40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->