GDT: Game #41: vs. San Jose, April 13th, 7:00PM

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
We muster up 19 shots- play like ****ing **** in the 3rd when it matters and end up winning a game.

= Playoffs bound?

No ****ing way. Chicago on Monday? 8-1 again? Do I bust out the scotch & drys again? (I won't, I've got an exam Tuesday morning)

Vancouver is gonna want to win on Thursday

LA & San Jose are going to want to redeem themselves at home- those games aren't going to be fun.

Columbus has the ability to surprise everyone.

Detroit at home.

7 games left. I smelled Barkov/MacKinnon earlier and now the best we'll get is a Mantha/Erne **** and miss the playoffs

I counter your negativity with some optimism:)

Chicago have clinched the Central are waiting for the playoffs and haven't been playing as well lately, we catch them on an off night and win 4-3

Vancouver acquired Derek Roy and his softness on the puck will cause a pivotal 2 on 0 turnover allowing dallas to hold of the canucks 2-1 at home.

The next night Kari plays an outstanding game, stopping 40 + shots to guide us to a 3-1 win in St louis

This year Dallas seems more comfortable in LA than at home so we win for a 3rd time in Hollywood

San Jose do what they always do, try to win games after 65 mins, and they break our win streak with a 3-2 shoot out win.

Dallas makes a statement over Columbus winning 5-1 clinching the 8 seed.

Detroit beat us 3-2 with Eriksson, Benn and Whitney all being rested preparing us for playoffs.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Complaining when we just took 4 points and gave up none on a back to back is pretty bad. Yeah we got outshot, that's what teams that are trailing try to do. That we won on a B2B should be enough.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
That's not optimism that is borderline psychotic. I've heard more sane things leave my ex-girlfriends mouth.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Chicago have clinched the Central are waiting for the playoffs and haven't been playing as well lately, we catch them on an off night and win 4-3

Chicago plays tomorrow afternoon in St. Louis as well. Both teams will be traveling tomorrow, and Chicago has the added strain of playing a game against a physical team.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Thanks guys the Stars are thinking about hiring me as an advisor. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Seems like less and less of us are rooting for the tank. Glad we're not all on Cloud 9 thinking about the playoffs with 7 (SEVEN) games left to the regular season.

Cloud 9? Or the Spiderman villain Clown 9? :sarcasm:

Lets roll with that confidence-o-meter again

MetalGodAOD*

I can't decide if Gary is really pessimistic or just impressively dedicated to the joke.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Gary = master troll

There is no answer to that question, Metal.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
No, I'm just a bitter, jaded and disillusioned old (young) man. Sick of mediocrity. Sure we've shown flashes of brilliance the past few games but eventually this will decline (Monday in Chicago, IL) and then we'll all be saying "oh well Gary was right haha, what an intelligent guy he is" and this place will be filled with depressed posters, like me.

aloonda*

nystrom.png

loved the block at the end when they pulled their goalie
the crowd was holding it's breath the whole 3rd
It was a fun game

________

Feb 6, 2006
It's amazing how well Chiasson and Whitney are doing without a center who can pass.

aloonda*

It's amazing how well Chiasson and Whitney are doing without a center who can pass.

did anyone else notice chiasson taking a few of the faceoffs from the get go? Is Benn still hurt? Or does he just suck at faceoffs?

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I think his skills may lend themselves to winger better. He is pretty good ant banging it in there. Can Chiasson take over at center?

i can't speak to toaster as i haven't been able to watch his development. as to benn... well, that's a highly debatable subject. his skating ability as a center is fantastic... but his face offs.. well, suck. and that's a rather large part of being a solid #1C.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Faceoffs shouldn't make or break a player being a center or a winger.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
They should make or break a player being a #1C, especially with Benn's rather weak season...
In these six games since the trade deadline, Whitney and Chiasson have combined for 9 goals. Their center has all of two total assists (his only two points this month). That's a surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad