GDT: Game 41: Phoenix Coyotes @ Calgary Gymnasts | 4-12-13 | 6:00 PM PDT

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Saw that coming a mile away. Yandz just begging for the puck, finally gets it and shoots a ****ing rocket.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
We still play Detroit, but yeah, they're just not quite good enough. Looks like the season will end the same way a lot of the games do, falling just short of what they needed to do.

True but the Stars are in total control now.

"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: #Coyotes are essentially 1 point behind Dallas, 3 points behind Detroit & 4 points behind Minnesota because of ROWs."

Last edited:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Disappointing. I mean this is Calgary for **** sake. With no Iginla. Bleh.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
To be honest I don't think Columbus or Dallas are going to make it, so hypothetically if we could beat Detroit in regulation and outwin them the rest of the way we still have a shot. It's extremely unlikely but not impossible. Anyway I really wouldn't care if we miss the playoffs in this fluke season if we could just get an owner (which probably wont happen either).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
:facepalm: Every goal was with less than 2 minutes before the end of a period

If I have negatives about Tipp, it's the way our team players with the lead and the last minute of every period. I would hate to guess how many goals we allowed in the last minute of a period, and how many leads we have lost because of the way we play the rope a dope and go into a defensive shell with the lead.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'm still a little salty about that lost. We had them.

I wouldn't say its Tipp's style of play letting up goals late in the period. This team just needs to focus for the entire period, instead of the first 17 minutes.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
If I have negatives about Tipp, it's the way our team players with the lead and the last minute of every period. I would hate to guess how many goals we allowed in the last minute of a period, and how many leads we have lost because of the way we play the rope a dope and go into a defensive shell with the lead.

Why does it become so difficult to get the puck in the opponent's end and keep it there for a while at the end of the period?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm still a little salty about that lost. We had them.

I wouldn't say its Tipp's style of play letting up goals late in the period. This team just needs to focus for the entire period, instead of the first 17 minutes.

If it was Tipps first year as coach I would agree with you, but it has been the same for three years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad