GDT: Game 41: Panthers @ Sabres - 1/3 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
He has 28 goals in 41 games and continues to score even without Eichel. He is an elite player in this league. Pay him 10 if that is what it takes.

That’s you....after a night like this it’s easy to think that but look at it objectively, this is a guy who’s had one good year one bad year one good year one bad year, even this season his goal total masks how inconcistent the effort level has been... there’s been a lot of games skinner has been next to invisible this year. The first six come to mind when he didn’t play with eichel. Plus the odd game here and there. I get that he has 28 goals but I seriously, I can remember five to ten off the top of my head that we’re gift wrapped tap ins. We’re lucky to have him, he’s com a long way he’s just not top of the line elite.

Believe me I love the guy and he’s everyone’s new love and I get it, ...who doesent love the sniper? ....but I have payed close attention to see how many games he’s put forth the effort, it’s most nights just not Almost every game like eich. He doesent deserve Eichel money and it would hurt us going forward to have them both at ten.

Just to secure chemistry I would be ok with 9 but no more, I think 8 is fair. Though half a season he’s gotten point per game I get it, but so had what 35-40 guys? There not all going to make ten.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyndig and DatGuy

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Post-Game Report: 1/3 vs. Florida

Final Score
1st2nd3rdOTSOFinalSOG
Panthers
(17-6-6)
Sabres
(22-13-6)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Game Summary
Event Summary

Top Notes
  • With tonight’s win, the Sabres improved to 8-4-3 against the Atlantic Division this season, including a 5-2-2 record at home. The team also improved to 13-5-3 at home this season.
  • The Sabres are now 12-3-6 in one-goal games so far this season. Buffalo last won more than half of its one-goal games in a season in 2011-12 (21-9-11).
  • Jeff Skinner’s first goal of the night was his 27th goal of the season, moving him into sole possession of second place in the NHL in goals this season. His second goal was his seventh game-winner of the season, tying him for the NHL lead.
    • Skinner now has 10 points (8+2) in his last eight games against the Panthers.
  • Sam Reinhart recorded his third consecutive two-point game (1+1) against the Panthers. He now has points in each of the last six meetings between the clubs, totaling nine points (4+5) in those contests.
    • With 17 points (9+8) in 16 career games against Florida, Reinharthas more points per game against the Panthers than any other team.
    • Reinhart’s assist on Skinner’s first goal was his 31st of the 2018-19 season, establishing a new career high in his 41st game of the season.
    • Buffalo improved to 17-5-4 this season when Reinhart records at least one point and 28-4-6 in his career when he records at least two.
Tonight’s Goaltenders

Tonight’s Stats
TeamGoaltenderDecisionSV%GAA
PanthersLuongoL.8794.18
SabresUllmarkW.9213.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Updated Season Stats
TeamGoaltenderRecordSV%GAA
PanthersLuongo8-8-1.8963.24
SabresUllmark9-1-3.9222.74
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Tage Thompson
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Panthers head coach Bob Boughner
Panthers forward Aleksander Barkov
Panthers forward Mike Hoffman

FINAL: Panthers 3 - Sabres 4

Jeff Skinner scores his 27th and 28th goals of the season as Buffalo hangs on to defeat Florida.

FINAL STATS

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Post-Game Report: 1/3 vs. Florida

Final Score
1st2nd3rdOTSOFinalSOG
Panthers
(17-6-6)
Sabres
(22-13-6)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Game Summary
Event Summary

Top Notes
  • With tonight’s win, the Sabres improved to 8-4-3 against the Atlantic Division this season, including a 5-2-2 record at home. The team also improved to 13-5-3 at home this season.
  • The Sabres are now 12-3-6 in one-goal games so far this season. Buffalo last won more than half of its one-goal games in a season in 2011-12 (21-9-11).
  • Jeff Skinner’s first goal of the night was his 27th goal of the season, moving him into sole possession of second place in the NHL in goals this season. His second goal was his seventh game-winner of the season, tying him for the NHL lead.
    • Skinner now has 10 points (8+2) in his last eight games against the Panthers.
  • Sam Reinhart recorded his third consecutive two-point game (1+1) against the Panthers. He now has points in each of the last six meetings between the clubs, totaling nine points (4+5) in those contests.
    • With 17 points (9+8) in 16 career games against Florida, Reinharthas more points per game against the Panthers than any other team.
    • Reinhart’s assist on Skinner’s first goal was his 31st of the 2018-19 season, establishing a new career high in his 41st game of the season.
    • Buffalo improved to 17-5-4 this season when Reinhart records at least one point and 28-4-6 in his career when he records at least two.
Tonight’s Goaltenders

Tonight’s Stats
TeamGoaltenderDecisionSV%GAA
PanthersLuongoL.8794.18
SabresUllmarkW.9213.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Updated Season Stats
TeamGoaltenderRecordSV%GAA
PanthersLuongo8-8-1.8963.24
SabresUllmark9-1-3.9222.74
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Tage Thompson
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Panthers head coach Bob Boughner
Panthers forward Aleksander Barkov
Panthers forward Mike Hoffman

FINAL: Panthers 3 - Sabres 4

Jeff Skinner scores his 27th and 28th goals of the season as Buffalo hangs on to defeat Florida.

FINAL STATS
thanks, audio saves my usage

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
why is Risto back to playing 30 minutes a night?

I understand cutting back Dahlin's ice time as he has not been good at all lately, but why only 14 minutes for Pilut?

We need a 10 pound sledgehammer to hammer it into Housley's thick skull that Pilut is a good player
Im glad he and Mccabe are out to try and dicipline a dirty team , I expect Pilut to play alot more minutes after Boston, he has earned it.

Reactions: Fearnot

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
So Reinhart is permanently a wing now, right? If we don't play him at center last night I don't see when we ever do so.
My apologies to the poster who suggested this, but someone suggested putting Sheary on a line with Eichel as was originally intended and let skinner and reino play on a line together as last night clearly showed they can handle it. I like this idea and it would be nice if we could slot Reinhart into center in that kind of a situation because there really isn't anyone else. As you and Reddawg pointed out, if it didn't happen last night...

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
My apologies to the poster who suggested this, but someone suggested putting Sheary on a line with Eichel as was originally intended and let skinner and reino play on a line together as last night clearly showed they can handle it. I like this idea and it would be nice if we could slot Reinhart into center in that kind of a situation because there really isn't anyone else. As you and Reddawg pointed out, if it didn't happen last night...

Skinner and Reinhart showing they can produce without Jack is crucial for our team going forward. It will allow Phil to have the option (doubt he would take it) to split the top line to balance out the scoring, and utilize Jack's ability to produce and potentially get more out of players and let Skinner and Reinhart work on their own line.

Maybe work the scoring lines like:
Mittelstadt-Eichel-Pommers - Jack works with Pominville, I think putting Mittelstadt with Eichel could get some confidence in Casey and maybe getting more out of him than what we are getting. He can just concentrate on playing the game instead of the duties of center.
Skinner-Reinhart-Sheary - Who am I kidding, it would be Skinner-Sheary-Reinhart with Phil coaching, but seriously, Reinhart has shown he has chemistry with these two players (Reinhart was with Sheary when he was with Mittelstadt)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Certainly not the worst idea I've heard, but then who do you stick on Jack's RW? Back to Pominville and pray Eichel can make him productive again? (Seems like a lot of ask of Eichel when you're also downgrading his LW.) Do you give Thompson a shot there, considering his strong play over the last several games?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Certainly not the worst idea I've heard, but then who do you stick on Jack's RW? Back to Pominville and pray Eichel can make him productive again? (Seems like a lot of ask of Eichel when you're also downgrading his LW.) Do you give Thompson a shot there, considering his strong play over the last several games?
I am all for giving tage a shot, but i am pretty sure it wouldn't work out too well. The only thing we can hope for is that Eichel draws away enough defenders that TT can dangle his way to perpetuity without the highest threat level of turnovers. Pommers is only good for spurts on the top line and i am afraid he is spent for the year.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Ya I brought it up, and as of now Tage seems like the choice for me, with firm instructions.

You have two jobs Tage, get the puck to Eichel and shoot the puck every time Eichel gives it to you. End of list.

He might not be able to handle that role, but in an ideal outcome, he becomes the shooter Eichel needs, and they get two dangerous lines.

I wouldn’t hate having Mitts get a taste on Eichel’s wing either. He could really use the space and pressure to get the puck to Jack. Might be a nice breather from center for a few games.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
why is Risto back to playing 30 minutes a night?

I understand cutting back Dahlin's ice time as he has not been good at all lately, but why only 14 minutes for Pilut?

We need a 10 pound sledgehammer to hammer it into Housley's thick skull that Pilut is a good player

Because Pilut doesn't play on the PK whereas Bogo, Scandella, McCabe and Risto got between 2-4 minutes ea SH. Bogo, McCabe and Risto get the most minutes, Pilut, Dahlin and Scandella were all within 2 minutes of total TOI of each other.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Skinner and Reinhart showing they can produce without Jack is crucial for our team going forward. It will allow Phil to have the option (doubt he would take it) to split the top line to balance out the scoring, and utilize Jack's ability to produce and potentially get more out of players and let Skinner and Reinhart work on their own line.

Maybe work the scoring lines like:
Mittelstadt-Eichel-Pommers - Jack works with Pominville, I think putting Mittelstadt with Eichel could get some confidence in Casey and maybe getting more out of him than what we are getting. He can just concentrate on playing the game instead of the duties of center.
Skinner-Reinhart-Sheary - Who am I kidding, it would be Skinner-Sheary-Reinhart with Phil coaching, but seriously, Reinhart has shown he has chemistry with these two players (Reinhart was with Sheary when he was with Mittelstadt)

They need to prove they can do it over a sustained length of time, not just a game or
Two versus weak competition and if they do that then I’d be on board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad