Post-Game Talk: GAME #41: Canucks 3 @ Flames 2 (OT): Halfway point of the season gets its own PGT

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
"go chat over here" = what a momentum killer.

have a good night everyone, happy new year!

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Like theoretically Granlund should be good in OT but when he isn't skating he just isn't fast enough, and you saw that on the second-last play.

Reactions: Zombotron

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Markstrom..unbelievable...The team hung in there long enough to have a chance to win....More winnable games coming up on this trip...

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
It's funny that after Petey came off kind of quickly, and Bo had just been out I was thinking...who the heck do they have left to put out there?

And then I saw Bae/Granlund and I thought that might be the start of a disaster. And it almost was. Says something about where the team is right now.

We're in a weird place with sporadic production from the top line and newfound consistency from Marky is carrying the day. But we're winning games we don't deserve to. Which is fun because I've been watching more, but maybe not the best position for the team's future.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Very Brett Hull-like....is Hull even playing?.....yep he has 2 goals and an apple.

To be fair, last year's Boeser was at high execution level and was in the right places on both sides of the puck. He wasn't dogging it so much either.

I think he's always going to be somewhat quiet punctuated but sudden bursts of scoring but IMO this season has been an anomaly in terms of how unengaged he has been at times.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
To be fair, last year's Boeser was at high execution level and was in the right places on both sides of the puck. He wasn't dogging it so much either.

I think he's always going to be somewhat quiet punctuated but sudden bursts of scoring but IMO this season has been an anomaly in terms of how unengaged he has been at times.

Very fair, he is however producing playing well one out of every 6 to 8 shifts. If he can get a quarter step with a full offseason.......yeahhhhhhhhh he is going to be really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad