GDT: Game 40: Islanders @ Sabres - 12/31 6pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Oh I don’t know , Jeff Skinner.

Has it occurred to you or @CrazyPsycho that Erod could center that line but Skinner and/or Sam get the double shift with the 3rd line? Thus getting more ice time to guys who might actually score a goal. That’s before getting into Sam at center or few other things that could be tried.

Instead our coach plays the far less offensively talented players in bigger minutes than usual and not surpingly we can’t score.

Our bottom 3 lines can’t score. Why on earth would any coach think playing those guys extra was the answer? We could have had Skinner and Sam up around 17-19mins at ES tonight. Lean on them with Jack out.
skinner okposo risto erod and mccabe are only ones who really stepped up or increased their effort..

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
nylander oloffson and bailey may not be deemed ready but all three at least have unique skills that may translate to this league if they stepped up effort .. maybe in a flashy turnover machine way but .. unless we get a lead we cant play lets hold on..

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I think it could be that there's a large enough sample size that teams results are indicative of their skill. And maybe that's what you meant.

I just disagree with the idea that real teams come out to play in November. That just sounds like coach speak, no pun intended given your username

Coach speak or not, teams - at whatever level - come together, things start to click, synchronize, etc.. at different paces. Sometimes it's delayed due to distractions. Sometimes it's systems (easily adapted or brand new and confusing. Or, dysfunctional). Sometimes it's injuries (newly occurred or return from IR of a key player) and sometimes, it's just when the ol bio rhythms kick in (or out).

Sometimes, it's bad assumptions or preparation like not properly assessing a team's new strengths and either taking them too lightly (playing your back up goaltender against them) or misjudging their new tendencies.

A lot of times it's a case of there being enough video at this point to be fully aware of what a team likes to do, is able to do and how to play against it.

The most consistent reason tho is depth of talent on the roster. One line teams are easier for 2 line teams to be successful against.

Take yer pick. (Maybe it's all of the above).

The Sabres are a 1 line team. Everyone knows that now. They've had an awful December after a great November. They are being taken more seriously by their opponents. However, the coaching staff has done little to adjust to that.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
send thompson and his 7p down and bring up nylander.

Thompson's actually looked pretty good over the last handful of games. I've advocated for sending him down at times this season, but doing it while he's playing well doesn't make sense. Plus, Nylander's injured.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Man the post game interview with Okposo he just doesn't seem right to me at all. Anyone else think he seemed a little shaky or shattered? Like being put forth to the media cause he scored his first goal in forever and he didn't deal with it very well. Maybe just me.

Reactions: Fearnot

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Man the post game interview with Okposo he just doesn't seem right to me at all. Anyone else think he seemed a little shaky or shattered? Like being put forth to the media cause he scored his first goal in forever and he didn't deal with it very well. Maybe just me.
Trying to psychoanalyze interviews players give after they just lost 10 pounds in water weight exerting themselves as hard as possible for three hours has always been and will always be a pointless exercise.

Reactions: Mags19 and Aladyyn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->