GDT: Game 40 - Columbus Blue Jackets - Florida Panthers (12/31, 7pm, @Nat)

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Elvis should build some confidence based on his performance, lets see what he does against Boston next time.

Overall: good game, great responsible effort from most players.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Nice to see Wennberg interviewed - with all the dings, he looked like a hockey player. :laugh:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
They played some Elvis music after the final horn....was sitting upstairs tonight and couldn't make out what song it was.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Elvis should build some confidence based on his performance, lets see what he does against Boston next time.

Overall: good game, great responsible effort from most players.
Since I was at the game I think that Elvis has finally shown what he is capable of being. I've been really high on him and its been a slow ride but this seems like a real turning point for him. The crowd was firmly behind him and you can just see the passion and energy he plays with when he gets some confidence. Let's see if he can string together a few more solid performances in a row but a game like tonight should go a very long way towards banishing the uneasiness he's displayed earlier this season. I knew if he could stop pucks that the fans would love him. I hope this is the first of many more for him.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I did my best for the cheers.

And no, there was much more cheers during the tribute video, not sure if they showed that on TV
I stream the games on NHL.com and they use the Fox Ohio feed showing the tribute and reception from the fans. Bob skated around waiving and thanking everyone.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I did my best for the cheers.

And no, there was much more cheers during the tribute video, not sure if they showed that on TV

There was big boos in pregame when Bob was announced, then more when he touched the puck for the first time, but he got a standing O for his tribute video. He then acknowledged the crowd. Then we mostly left him alone. All in all I think we were fair to him.

Reactions: Byrral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->