BRUINS GDT GAME 40 10:08 PM - If you think the Bruins have problems, Vegas seems to have more - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Pasta and defense should never be used in the same sentence.
I have pointed out David's 200 ft game deficiencies often.

He can certainly be better, and he is now a leader on this team.

But he is far and away their greatest offensive asset and he has been producing. Let's not lose sight of that fact.

In many ways, like Brad, he's put this team on his back and has a great deal to do with their success.

So of course he can be better, and I wish he would get serious about his defensive game. But let's not forget, he does a lot for this team offensively. And, now it's more than just the one-timer. He uses his creativity not only to score, but also, more importantly at this point, to set up other players. He's a great talent and talented players are not always the most responsible in three zones.

Expect more but give the guy a break.

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
There may be some - many - that will look at this road trip and say, up to this point, three of a possible six points.

I will take the three points, and then, knowing that it's the last game on this road trip, go into St Louis and kick their f****** ass.

It's entirely possible that the Bruins could have gotten nothing out of this road trip. Think about it. The injuries. Everything else. Again, I will take the three points and move on to St Louis.

It's been a rough time, and I am not down on the Bruins at all as far as their play goes.
Same here. They are in a bit of a funk but still playing reasonably well under tough circumstances. I really don’t give a flying f*** about what happens in a 3 on 3 circus show. It’s not hockey.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Pasta was a physical mistake. Stone out muscled him and turned the corner. Marchand was at center ice guarding a guy that was back by the Vegas goalie. I do understand it man coverage 3-3, but for god sake Marchard had no awareness there at all as far as a switch to help out. We’d be better using 2 D low zone and 1 F out high.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
What do you do, coach? 3 on 3. What’s your play? What do you do differently?
Alot. You can change matchups, sit players that aren't pulling their weight in OT, Monty mixes lines every night - he can do many things to change the look of 3 v 3 in overtime that has lost his team points in the paste two weeks. Pasta played like a donkey, he can sit too...

Reactions: Gordoff

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
Pasta was a physical mistake. Stone out muscled him and turned the corner. Marchand was at center ice guarding a guy that was back by the Vegas goalie. I do understand it man coverage 3-3, but for god sake Marchard had no awareness there at all as far as a switch to help out. We’d be better using 2 D low zone and 1 F out high.
Except Pasta floated after getting beat by Stone. He turned on the jets when it was too late. Could have busted his ass to get back from the start. Bad situational awareness from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad