GDT: Game 4: Wild @ Ducks - 8:30 PM CT - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Like I don’t know understand how you can be an NHL coach and refuse to stick with the GEEK line after they score a goal. Is BG pressuring Evason to keep Rask in a Top 6 for trade reasons?
BG could be a liar, but in his interviews/podcasts with russo he's been clear he doesn't mess with lines or gameday decisions.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
BG could be a liar, but in his interviews/podcasts with russo he's been clear he doesn't mess with lines or gameday decisions.

I’m just not sure I buy that based on what BG was saying about Rask prior to this season. I can’t rationalize these lineup decisions otherwise. Rask has practically been a press box player since he arrived here.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m just not sure I buy that based on what BG was saying about Rask prior to this season. I can’t rationalize these lineup decisions otherwise. Rask has practically been a press box player since he arrived here.

It’s just old hockey guys making old hockey guy decisions.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I mean, I agree Rask blows. But he's looked better then the low bar Bjugstad had set. And it seems clear they wanna keep Ek greenway and Foligno together.

Only so many options

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah Spurgeon definitely doesn’t seem like the best option to run the PP at the point, don’t think he’s gotten much exposure in that role
Also probably the one spot where his height (reach) is a big detriment. Lots of picks seem just out of his reach

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Actually, it’s a brilliant move

Increase Rask’s value for the TDL.
Keep Ek’s low for when we have to re-sign him

200IQ

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I mean, I agree Rask blows. But he's looked better then the low bar Bjugstad had set. And it seems clear they wanna keep Ek greenway and Foligno together.

Only so many options

Ek and Greenway are wasted with Foligno. We know what Foligno is, but both Ek and Greenway still have a ton of potential. Putting them in a Top 6 role makes a ton of sense. When you have a team of “8 PK” forwards, you can find other line mates that Foligno would work well with.

I prefer these lines a hell of a lot more than forcing Rask into a Top 6 role:

GEEK
Johansson - Bonino/Sturm - Fiala
Parise - Sturm/Bonino - Foligno
Rask - Bjugstad - Hartman

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

Only so many options

The last sentence is the problem. That line is not nearly good enough to avoid optimizing your best offensive players talent.

Foligno - Bonino - Greenway

or even

Foligno - Bonino - Hartman

could effectively do the same thing that Evason values from the 3rd line.

Greenway/Ek are clearly much better players than Bonino/Rask/Johansson.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Ek and Greenway are wasted with Foligno. We know what Foligno is, but both Ek and Greenway still have a ton of potential. Putting them in a Top 6 role makes a ton of sense. When you have a team of “8 PK” forwards, you can find other line mates that Foligno would work well with.

GEEK
Your welcome to scroll a few posts up were im yearning for that line. And Sturm in the top 6.

Just saying Rask has been better than the new additions.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

GEEK

I’m I like...

Fiala - Johansson - Kaprizov

Parise - Ek - Greenway

We need to get Fiala going. Johansson isn’t good by any means but he’s better than Rask and we’re giving Kap/Fiala eachother.

Greenway/Ek cycling with Parise in front fits.

Foligno/Bonino/Hartman can be a really solid 3rd line and all score 25-35 points, generate possession, win face-offs etc .

Reactions: ctmagic

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
The last sentence is the problem. That line is not nearly good enough to avoid optimizing your best offensive players talent.

Foligno - Bonino - Greenway

or even

could effectively do the same thing that Evason values from the 3rd line.

Greenway/Ek are clearly much better players than Bonino/Rask/Johansson.

What do each of those groups have in common and how are the different from each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->