Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
But Kappy is back!!!!!! Who cares who the goalie is
LiDD1vB.gif

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I would have been calling for JR's head if he even signed Schultz for one season at $2M. Definitely not the guy you go looking for to help prolong a cup window. However he is currently a +3 which is his 4th best +/- in his 10 year career.

Let's see how he looks after 20 games. I don't judge anybody good or bad after short sample sizes. I seen enough of Schultz to know our forwards could take advantage of him. I do trust the small sample size of our 3rd line. They have played a solid game in all phases of the game. They seem like they will generate chances every game and you don't need your 3rd line to score every night. That is what your top 2 lines are supposed to do. Can someone tell them that please!

Although I blame Sullivan for this. We all saw Guentzel-Malkin-Rust be the top line in the game and we also saw Zucker work well with Crosby. Why with this slow start go to that? I really think this team could do the 2009 and 2016 thing again if we have a mid season coaching change. Hopefully Sullivan does figure it out but I don't think he makes it past the halfway point if he doesn't.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think the Oshie and Sprong swap is a countermove to how effective our 3rd line was. I think Lavy is adjusting based on Sullivan's inability or unwillingness to adjust (which makes sense with Kapanen in). I don't see it being based on merit because Sprong was meh and Oshie was Oshie.

Last edited:
Reactions: ownal

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
I think the Oshie and Sprong was is a countermove to how effective our 3rd line was. I think Lavy is adjusting based on Sullivan's inability or unwillingness to adjust (which makes sense with Kapanen in). I don't see it being based on merit because Sprong was meh and Oshie was Oshie.

Watching Sprong try and take Juuso Riikola wide was funny. Riikola just lifted his stick and took off the other direction. You can't be going wide on a guy that cut his teeth on much wider ice surface. Don't think this move makes any sense for the Caps, but agree with your premise about why it's being done.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Jankowski-Tanev
Rodrigues-Blueger-Sceviour

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
Riikola-Ruhwedel

DeSmith
Jarry

See? Not saying this is a Cup-level talented roster , but it’s not nearly as bad as what we’re seeing. Hoping it comes together. LGP.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Jankowski-Tanev
Rodrigues-Blueger-Sceviour

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
Riikola-Ruhwedel

DeSmith
Jarry

See? Not saying this is a Cup-level talented roster , but it’s not nearly as bad as what we’re seeing. Hoping it comes together. LGP.

It's certainly achievable with our current roster.

Consider January an up and down of results type situation league wide considering how pre season was. Some will benefit more than others but it'll start to level out soon. Unfortunately we've taken it hard but there a signs of life. The Philly games we weren't outplayed, just our ****-up's were much more egregious

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Who leads the team in giveaways? Sidney Crosby. Followed by Letang and Geno doing their best. :laugh:

Now can the stars show up? Or we still waiting?

All three of those players need to play better but giveaways is a garbage statistic.

One of those 3 players has lead the team in giveaways every single season since 2011-2012.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
KK will definitely play PK at some point, but I don't think it would be wise to slot him in there for this first game. Now if he is struggling in the first period, maybe give him a little PK time to try to find a rhythm, but he should definitely not be relied upon as the #1PK guy tonight.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Now if only someone could convince the caps that one of Sheary, Hagelin or Sprong can play centre...what a 4th line that would be (poor Hags). Ahh...who am I kidding, if the Caps were to play them as a line, they would score like 10 goals against the Pens.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I really wanna stay awake to watch that game but it's such a shit idea. Please let the grown up in me prevail so I get some sleep tonight.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
KK will definitely play PK at some point, but I don't think it would be wise to slot him in there for this first game. Now if he is struggling in the first period, maybe give him a little PK time to try to find a rhythm, but he should definitely not be relied upon as the #1PK guy tonight.
with wanting the first line to come back on right after a pp kill. i don't think he will be used as much as he should imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad