GDT: Game 4: Phoenix Coyotes @ Bay Area Chokers |1-25-13| 8:30 PM

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
Went up 2 goals and decided that lead was safe. Then it was tied and told my mom they're already playing for the tie. They're gonna get scored on again. They're not even trying. Leaving points on the table and free points in division. Pathetic finish. Tell these guys to do 50 push-ups and they quit at 49. Walk through the finish line at the end of the race. Same reason we always get scored on in the last minute.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Nobody can blow a 2 goal lead like us. Nobody...

:cry:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Can't blame this one on LOL. We should have won this game. To think that stupid penalty by Morris in the 1st was the difference maker in this one.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Can't blame this one on LOL. We should have won this game. To think that stupid penalty by Morris in the 1st was the difference maker in this one.

The poor play in most of the third is to blame for this one. Doan's turnover was especially brutal.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I think the GDT title jinxed this game. Just make a normal GDT next time plz.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
How could we let two points slip like that? We had a damn 2 goal lead. I think it's karma for making fun of my friend that is a kings fan. At least we didnt lose our game that way. Which is worse?

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
I think the problem is Keith Yandle's nickname. KY Jelly. He's too slick. All you ever hear is "Yandle can't keep it in" and "Yandle has a problem keeping it in." Coincidence?

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Really missed Hanzal tonight since he's usually pretty reliable about keeping Thornton and co. in check. Though that line is on fire so who knows if it would have made a difference tonight. Doan was bad, how he won the breakaway competition at the skills event a few years ago I'll never know. Yandle was better but not great. Barbs was alright all things considered.

Hopefully Lambo isn't injured too bad. He hasn't been great but seeing Chip between Boeds and Vrby was painful. I'll write off the end of this game with all our injuries and being on the end of a back to back, but they damn well better bring it against a winless LA team on Saturday.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
What a crappy game. I can see they got tired towards the end. But that is going to happen often this season. Too many back to back games. Boys need to play hard until the 60 minutes are up.

MechaMarleau

Vertebraeker
Apr 13, 2007
Menlo Park
Sharks fan (though increasingly I'll like whoever my friends watch), I liked the look of the team.

The things that you notice if you watch the Sharks-Edmonton game is that the Oilers couldn't defend the zone entry. The Coyotes are much better at putting up a wall, and you'll get lots of transitional chances out of that defense. The Sullivan/Doan/Vermette line often outplayed our top lines and could have scored at least another goal, if not two or three.

I hope Mike Smith is okay and comes back soon enough. I like the idea of the Pacific being a murderer's row again, as Dallas looks way better and the Kings are the standing champs. I think all the competition will make our teams all the better come playoffs! :)

albertabound

Jan 25, 2008
Didn't watch the game work

Really missed Hanzal tonight since he's usually pretty reliable about keeping Thornton and co. in check. Though that line is on fire so who knows if it would have made a difference tonight. Doan was bad, how he won the breakaway competition at the skills event a few years ago I'll never know. Yandle was better but not great. Barbs was alright all things considered.

Hopefully Lambo isn't injured too bad. He hasn't been great but seeing Chip between Boeds and Vrby was painful. I'll write off the end of this game with all our injuries and being on the end of a back to back, but they damn well better bring it against a winless LA team on Saturday.

Didn't watch the game, working nights. The highlights look like it was pretty exciting game. Was Chip that bad? Maybe Tips should have put Bolduc in.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
How could we let two points slip like that? We had a damn 2 goal lead. I think it's karma for making fun of my friend that is a kings fan. At least we didnt lose our game that way. Which is worse?

1 pt versus 0 pt? I'd take the 1 and run!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was really hoping we would hang onto the lead and win so I could launch into a full on tirade about the horrible officiating in that game. However, it is not the reason we lost and I don't want to come off as blaming the loss on the officials ( who were HORRIBLE)

We played a fantastic 45 minutes and then the wheels fell completely off. The team was running on adrenaline, piss and vinegar until that Korpikoski goal. That goal was the worst thing that could've happened. That puck went in, and every damn player on the team let off the gas and tried to catch their breath. The one inevitable goal against goes in and the entire team suddenly realizes they are completely unable to pull themselves up by their boot straps. Like that nightmare where you run so slow and your punches are so weak. Unmanageable fatigue. No second wind.

Four games in five days. No Hanzal, no Klesla, no Smith, Lombardi goes down, Chipchura moves up, Bissonnette and Bolduc take permanent seats on the bench and you are running nine forwards in a twelve forward game. Second of a back to back and fourth in five.

This season is a joke. That lock out was so ****ing pointless and stupid. Condensed seasons are a joke.

Oh well, all teams are dealing with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->