GDT: Game 4 | Minnesota Wild @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FSD+ (HD) / NHLN (HD)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that our #20 defenseman, hired hours before his first game, is our best defender.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I swear to god if Kindl plays over Lashoff or Huskins...

You would think that a guy struggling to establish himself at this level would have joined a team, any team during the lockout so that he'd have some advantage coming into the season. I've heard consistent rumors that he just doesn't work hard enough to make it.

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that our #20 defenseman, hired hours before his first game, is our best defender.

If we can get good defensive play out of a 33 year old FA and a rookie call up I'll take it. They play exactly the kind of defensive game this team needs.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
You would think that a guy struggling to establish himself at this level would have joined a team, any team during the lockout so that he'd have some advantage coming into the season. I've heard consistent rumors that he just doesn't work hard enough to make it.

huh?

Kindl played 27 games in the Czech league during the lockout....

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Doesn't the Czech league blow? He should've went to the KHL if he wanted to work on his game

why would a KHL team have wanted Kindl instead of someone better? they only had a very limited amount of NHL players they could take per team,Sweden wasn't taking NHL guys at all in their top league

i'd probably rate the Czech league below Finland and Switzerland too but it's not like it's miles behind them,it's a solid league

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Man JLA was absolutely rocking last night, just an incredible atmosphere. Also those were some goals by Datsyuk and Brunner, you couldn't save those no matter what. I just can't believe the difference Bert and Helm made. I knew it'd be great to get them back, but they completely jolted the O it seemed. Now lets make the postseason folks

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Man JLA was absolutely rocking last night, just an incredible atmosphere. Also those were some goals by Datsyuk and Brunner, you couldn't save those no matter what. I just can't believe the difference Bert and Helm made. I knew it'd be great to get them back, but they completely jolted the O it seemed. Now lets make the postseason folks

Was it really? Looked like there were about 10k people there... and yet foxsports reported that it was another "sellout". How can 10k people not show up for their seats?

What's the deal here?

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Was it really? Looked like there were about 10k people there... and yet foxsports reported that it was another "sellout". How can 10k people not show up for their seats?

What's the deal here?

People just don't show up... Plain an simple, just like the Toronto maple leafs, they always sell out but when you watch the game the lower bowl is always 1/4-1/2 empty.
It's due to corporate for the most part they buy the seats, tickets get passed around if you go... You go.

When I worked for a big company we had tickets to every game, some of the employees went, some didnt, I took advantage of it when my turn came around.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
People just don't show up... Plain an simple, just like the Toronto maple leafs, they always sell out but when you watch the game the lower bowl is always 1/4-1/2 empty.
It's due to corporate for the most part they buy the seats, tickets get passed around if you go... You go.

When I worked for a big company we had tickets to every game, some of the employees went, some didnt, I took advantage of it when my turn came around.

Canadian NHL-Arenas are always packed to max (atleast what it looks like when i watch games from there)... difference must be that the employees go to the games because canadians have more passion for hockey than americans.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Can somebody post highlights of this game that is mobile-friendly. I can't find highlights anywhere. I don't have a computer with internet so something I can watch on my phone, pretty pleaseeeee.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris

What's the deal here?

Once they got going, the crowd was definitely alive. There were empty seats but they were probably season ticket holders who decided not to go to the game. But a lot of the fans started leaving 2 minutes before the end when the cut to John and Darren. I was telling myself, the Wild better not comeback from the 2 goal deficit or they'll be kicking themselves.

And it's not a playoff game, there is bound to be some empty seats. I don't have the data but I believe the Red Wings usually have sellout crowds during the regular season without everyone showing up.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Once they got going, the crowd was definitely alive. There were empty seats but they were probably season ticket holders who decided not to go to the game. But a lot of the fans started leaving 2 minutes before the end when the cut to John and Darren. I was telling myself, the Wild better not comeback from the 2 goal deficit or they'll be kicking themselves.

And it's not a playoff game, there is bound to be some empty seats. I don't have the data but I believe the Red Wings usually have sellout crowds during the regular season without everyone showing up.
It's weird though, Detroit/Michigan is supposedly one of the greater hockey markets in the U.S, yet you never see empty seats in Boston, St.Paul, New York, Philadelphia etc. Where as there are always empty seats (by different degree) in Detroit, except maybe in the playoffs.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Can somebody post highlights of this game that is mobile-friendly. I can't find highlights anywhere. I don't have a computer with internet so something I can watch on my phone, pretty pleaseeeee.

If you download the gamecenter app for Android or Iphone, I'm pretty sure you can watched the condensed highlights. Or check the NHL's youtube page.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Well let's see, he turned the puck over multiple times

I saw him turn it over maybe a couple times, and one time he worked like a dog to get it back and DID get it back pretty much immediately after. You guys make it sound like he was a turnover machine but I didn't see anything close to that.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012

What's the deal here?

Yeah the lower bowl is always spotty, the upper deck was completely full. Maybe a few people not showing up here or there but our section was completely full

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's weird though, Detroit/Michigan is supposedly one of the greater hockey markets in the U.S, yet you never see empty seats in Boston, St.Paul, New York, Philadelphia etc. Where as there are always empty seats (by different degree) in Detroit, except maybe in the playoffs.

I see it, maybe not to the same degree it happens in Detroit, but they sold the tickets. That is the season ticket holders choice, I don't think we have the resale ability online of some of the other cities.

But make no mistake I notice it for every team, it is what it is.

On people pointing out the corporate tickets, there are a set of standards on who can actually attend with those in most cases. They don't always play that to a T, but certain companies do. So if the person in charge doesn't distribute the tickets, nobody is going to go.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Canadian NHL-Arenas are always packed to max (atleast what it looks like when i watch games from there)... difference must be that the employees go to the games because canadians have more passion for hockey than americans.

In Toronto you just go if you get a chance. You have no interest in paying those prices, but you pay for a chance to win them, or get them from a supplier. I love you UNISOURCE!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->