GDT: Game #4 | LEAFS @ STARS part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Can the Leafs just shut down the Stars in this period? I'd be very encouraged if they kept them off the board.

At least keep them off the board for the first 8-10 minutes so they don't get momentum. An early goal against will scare the bejesus outta me

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Ok look at all the teams he coached to wins....any coach would can do well with absolutely stacked teams that he won with. I really wished he stayed in DET rn and see how he does without a stacked team.

Didn't have a stacked team in Detroit after Lidstrom retired. They still made the playoffs every year. And then there was Anaheim the time he coached them to the finals.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Stars broadcast: "... and, the Stars are still owed a couple of penalties!"
I hate this line of thinking so much.
After the face-off violation call on Dallas, I told my wife to watch, the Leafs are getting the next one even if they have to make something up. Sure enough, it was weak lol

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Can the Leafs just shut down the Stars in this period? I'd be very encouraged if they kept them off the board.

At least keep them off the board for the first 8-10 minutes so they don't get momentum. An early goal against will scare the bejesus outta me
Yes we can!!!
Just need a couple of new good RHD.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
What I find funny is the ego that some fans have to think they know better then someone who has coached and won at every level in the sport. Especially when they haven't the least bit of experience.
Why?

I think if mlse pulled a random drunk fan out of the subways and made him GM, he very likely would have done a better job than Burke or Jfj. You’ll unfairly accuse me of hyperbole.. but I genuinely believe a random barn yard animal would have done a better job as gm than Burke did.

Sometimes the ego of these people can blind them to a point where a random fan really does know better.

Reactions: Macallan18

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

We can only hope!

If we can't shut them down, can we at least keep pace!

9-7 Leafs final score!

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Why?

I think if mlse pulled a random drunk fan out of the subways and made him GM, he very likely would have done a better job than Burke or Jfj. You’ll unfairly accuse me of hyperbole.. but I genuinely believe a random barn yard animal would have done a better job as gm than Burke did.

Sometimes the ego of these people can blind them to a point where a random fan really does know better.
Exactly!
All us uninformed fans have been saying play Kappy up the lineup, with Matthews until Nylander comes back.
We called it.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I need a Matthews hat trick to harvest the salt from the main boards.

I'm opening up a Matthews generational goal scorer thread on the main boards if he gets a hatty :laugh: I mean would be 8 goals in 4 games..damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad