Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Stars broadcast: "... and, the Stars are still owed a couple of penalties!"
I hate this line of thinking so much.

If only this was applied equally to the leafs.
Last season we got alot of penalties and none in return.

Boston gm 5. We had 6 or 7 penalties and one returned.

Bettman should be reminded who pays his bills the most - probably a diff tone with 2 superstars on the team now and a 3rd to be in Marner

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Dubas: I'm sorry Babs but we're letting Komarov walk as a UFA
Babcock drops a C embroidered Komarov Jersey
Babcock: ...I'm speechless..
Dubas: Yes Babs... and we've offered Hainsey around the league...
Babcock eyes fill with water, and his lip quivers
Dubas: (continuing)... no teams wanted him with us retaining 50% and including a pick to sweeten the deal.
Babcock: THATS MY BOY RONNY!
Dubas: Yes, so he will be on the team this year, but please use him to his abilities.
Babcock: Of course
Dubas: No captaincy.
Babcock: .....Sh**. How about 3 A's until you see what I see?
Dubas: Ugh.. I got to go Mike.

Reactions: FADYB

axman15

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
For anyone wondering what the record for best PP% in a season is... the 76/77 Canadiens were at 31.9 percent, no team has topped that. In fact, no team has even been over 30% since the 70s.

I like our chances.

Reactions: FADYB

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
It's amazing how many "fans" on this board actually root for certain players to play poorly or have a brain fart that they can run to their keyboards to point out.

You're Fans, pals. Like the team you cheer for.

Criticism is perfectly fine and necessary, but my god some of you need to tone it down.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Leivo and Ennis are playing like individuals trying to score to stay on the team, not like a line trying to score

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yes Ray, the leafs have to start parting the sea and rolling out the red carpet. . as I am typing this.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Why?

I think if mlse pulled a random drunk fan out of the subways and made him GM, he very likely would have done a better job than Burke or Jfj. You’ll unfairly accuse me of hyperbole.. but I genuinely believe a random barn yard animal would have done a better job as gm than Burke did.

Sometimes the ego of these people can blind them to a point where a random fan really does know better.

Because Burke and JfJ have nothing to do with the current context. If you pull a random off to street and think he can out coach someone like Babs who eats sleeps and breathes hockey and ha's all his life. You are fooling yourself to fit a narrative based on madness.

The goal posts keep getting moved. I didn't mention Babs whatsoever originally but that's what someone deflected onto, so I spoke to that and now people keep running off in even odder ways. Like bringing BB or JFJ into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad