GDT: Game #4 Leafs host Rangers 7pm ET- Auston Returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Observations so far:

A) Marner feels completely dependent on Matthews at this point, he just defers to him nonstop, and when Matthews isn't there he seems useless
B) Muzzin is slowing down
C) Dermott and Sandin are progressing nicely as a pair
D) Campbell is legit
E) Nylander is going to have a huge year
F) Kampf is a much better player than I thought
G) ALL HAIL BUNTING

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Observations so far:

A) Marner feels completely dependent on Matthews at this point, he just defers to him nonstop, and when Matthews isn't there he seems useless
B) Muzzin is slowing down
C) Dermott and Sandin are progressing nicely as a pair
D) Campbell is legit
E) Nylander is going to have a huge year
F) Kampf is a much better player than I thought
G) ALL HAIL BUNTING
Not one good word tonight then this.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Too bad he can’t keep up with anyone anymore.

Marner isn’t slow but he can’t do a damn thing to drive any scoring chances. Crap on Tavares all you want but he is actually doing things required to win hockey games when he isn’t scoring.

IronHalen

Feb 7, 2013
No, he wins faceoffs and plays centre. Are some people here angling to get rid of Tavares, you realize Kerfoot would be the 2nd line C.
But 11 mill cap space though. For literally anything. It'd be hard to find a worse way to allocate that much money..

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
No, he wins faceoffs and plays centre. Are some people here angling to get rid of Tavares, you realize Kerfoot would be the 2nd line C.

With 11 million in cap space you can get a good 2nd line centre and upgrade another position too.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Who? Who are you going to get? The cap hit that is killing the team is Marner. He is getting really close to Eberle level play.

We have to all be honest. Marner and Tavares are both problems. I agree that Tavares can bring more to the table if he’s not scoring. I don’t see how this team is going to score nearly the amount of goals that they have the past few years. They should embrace the fact that Campbell is going to keep them in games and play from the net out. It will mean that all of the star players are going to score 20-30 less points then we are all used and I think that their egos won’t let them play like that even if it’s best for the team.

Reactions: Lemontree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad