I wanna hear "VLAD-Y" chants from the fans on the broadcast. :nod:

Reactions: BrokenFace

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I wanna hear "VLAD-Y" chants from the fans on the broadcast. :nod:

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Kostin on the top line. Walman on the first pairing with CP. Let's go, youngsters! (not that JW is all that young but still)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Kostin playing with ROR and Perron.

I'm loving it. :bb:

giphy.gif

Reactions: BlueMed

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I really hope we end the long standing tradition tonight where we get outworked at home by a team that played the night before when we didn’t. This would be a good night to make a (positive) statement that this team is going to be a contender.
No pressure, but this is my first HAGDT. I’m gonna take it personally if they lay egg tonight.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Kostin on the top line. Walman on the first pairing with CP. Let's go, youngsters! (not that JW is all that young but still)

I am really not a fan of Walman on that pairing. We didn't want Krug with Parayko because he shouldn't be against the other team's best players. The same can be said against Walman as well. He's been better than Krug, and even better than Scadella in some games. Scandella was better defenisvely 5v5 thoguh. When he was bad it was on the PK.

Overall, I'd rather have Scandella on the ice against Arvidsson and Kopitar most of the time. Their top line has 8 of their 11 goals, with the 9th, Doughty's goal, probably coming when they were on the ice as well. Shut them down, you shut the Kings down. I'm not too worried as its a Doughty-less Kings and we have been playing well. Just seems a weird change, especially after Scandella had a great last game.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I am really not a fan of Walman on that pairing. We didn't want Krug with Parayko because he shouldn't be against the other team's best players. The same can be said against Walman as well. He's been better than Krug, and even better than Scadella in some games. Scandella was better defenisvely 5v5 thoguh. When he was bad it was on the PK.

Overall, I'd rather have Scandella on the ice against Arvidsson and Kopitar most of the time. Their top line has 8 of their 11 goals, with the 9th, Doughty's goal, probably coming when they were on the ice as well. Shut them down, you shut the Kings down. I'm not too worried as its a Doughty-less Kings and we have been playing well. Just seems a weird change, especially after Scandella had a great last game.
With the way forward lines are tonight, we almost have 3 equal lines. Seems almost like Berube tried to equalize the d pairs rather than matchup tonight. Don’t know how else to read that he put best and worst defensemen together.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
With the way forward lines are tonight, we almost have 3 equal lines. Seems almost like Berube tried to equalize the d pairs rather than matchup tonight. Don’t know how else to read that he put best and worst defensemen together.

That is probably it, but I don't like that strategy. Others have explained why better on here. In my mind though, players follow their assignment and need to rely on the other player to do their job. If the puck is down low on Parayko's side, he has to go pressure it. That leaves Walman to cover the net and far side of the goal. No amount of skill or speed by Parayko is going to be able to help Walman do so. If Kopitar is on the ice, he is going to hit the guy exploiting Walman, if not be the guy exploiting Walman. But it is Bortuzzo and Walman against Grunstrom, Moore and Viliardi, they have a little more wiggle room if Walman leaves someone open.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Excited to be in the building again! Went to one last year with the limited capacity and while having all the room you could ever want was nice, it wasn’t quite the same as a packed house. Go Blues!

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Another game that we should hopefully win, being the rested team. Need to start off strong at home and bank 2 more points here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->