GDT: Game 4 Flames (2-1-0) @ Blues (0-1-1) 6:00 pm MT (Sportsnet Flames/ Fan960)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Don't understand why Peluso is still in and Hathaway is out. Peluso played 5 minutes last game and had little to no impact on the game. Hathaway should be playing the right wing of the Frolik-Ryan line.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
It was noted on CP that he has had 7 disallowed goals over his career, including 2 in one game back in 15-16. Poor dude needs one in the worst way
How many of those are goals he scored because he ran the goalie though? Its not bad luck when you're caught breaking the rules

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
How many of those are goals he scored because he ran the goalie though? Its not bad luck when you're caught breaking the rules

Dunno off the top of my head... but I remember the agony of those damn parallax effect segments on TV for weeks and weeks, plus the fresh salt in the '04 wounds.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Don't understand why Peluso is still in and Hathaway is out. Peluso played 5 minutes last game and had little to no impact on the game. Hathaway should be playing the right wing of the Frolik-Ryan line.
We just won 3-0 against one of the better teams in the NHL and you're complaining about coming back with the same lineup?

That's like complaining that your wife didn't tinker with the recipe of some delicious cookies

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Only 1. The Anaheim goal from playoffs 2017 which was 50/50. The rest were "inconclusive"

1 was because he took the net off the moorings before the goal but the rest should have all counted if you ask me

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It was noted on CP that he has had 7 disallowed goals over his career, including 2 in one game back in 15-16. Poor dude needs one in the worst way

15% of Sam Bennett’s NHL goals have been disallowed lol! That’s got to be a high for our team.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Is that a disallowed goal then? Inconclusive means it was not overturned, thus it was never called a goal for it to he disallowed.
I mean if we want to be pedantic we can say that he had 7 goal reviews that mostly went the wrong way

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I mean if we want to be pedantic we can say that had 7 reviews that mostly went the wrong way
Seems like another case of people making up excuses for Bennett. Can't use the linemates argument anymore, so have to switch to more fabricated bullshit

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We just won 3-0 against one of the better teams in the NHL and you're complaining about coming back with the same lineup?

That's like complaining that your wife didn't tinker with the recipe of some delicious cookies
Its a minor complaint, and really not a complaint.. just something I don't understand. The team isn't perfect. There can always be improvement. Hathaway is a better player than Peluso. Hathaway on the 4th line improves their offense. He also can make a physical impact on the line. The only impact Peluso will make is if he gets into a fight.

Back to your cookie analogy.. I'm just asking my wife to throw a few more chocolate chips into the mix.. I'm not asking her to change the recipe.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Seems like another case of people making up excuses for Bennett. Can't use the linemates argument anymore, so have to switch to more fabricated bull****
Really no use in arguing this since you have your mind made up about Bennett. It was just a casual observation that he's had some bad luck with officiating and their interpretations of what a goal is

Reactions: Janks

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Really no use in arguing this since you have your mind made up about Bennett. It was just a casual observation that he's had some bad luck with officiating and their interpretations of what a goal is
It has nothing to do with my mind being made up and everything to do with the fact he hasn't done f*** all as a pro and everyone keeps making excuses because he's approaching bust territory

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Joel Edmundson and coach Mike Yeo say good things about the Calgary Flames

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I like this pic. Hopefully Gaudreau does it again.
blues5.jpg

Reactions: Sk8M8

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
It has nothing to do with my mind being made up and everything to do with the fact he hasn't done **** all as a pro and everyone keeps making excuses because he's approaching bust territory

Don't know why 5 threads have to be dedicated to evaluating Bennett's skill and trade value. Pick 1 and have it out there.

I think this is the perfect time to be playing the Blues as they appear a little out of sync. Hopefully the Flames walk out with 2 before the Blues getting things running smoothly.

Would really like to see Backlund/ Czarnik, Chucky walk away with multiple points tonight.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It has nothing to do with my mind being made up and everything to do with the fact he hasn't done **** all as a pro and everyone keeps making excuses because he's approaching bust territory
I don't think people are making up excuses for Bennett.
They are just pointing out that he's had more than his fair share of bad luck.
In Bennett's first year he had a shooting percentage of 13%. His second year his shooting percentage was 10%. Last year it was 7%.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->