GDT: Game 4 Flames (2-1-0) @ Blues (0-1-1) 6:00 pm MT (Sportsnet Flames/ Fan960)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm torn. Am I happy that in two of our games so far, we've been able to absolutely dominate and try to come from behind in the third, or am I sad that we can play that well, but have been completely flat for 40 minutes in two of the games?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I actually liked our game tonight. Better than those moral victories from last season. But you won't win many games in the NHL when your best skaters are at their worst

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Well, good effort in the third, but we need to play like that a full 60 minutes next time. Well at least we have our positive goal differential still. Now lets kick Colorado's ass on Saturday.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm not overly annoyed with losing to St. Louis, because they're a good team and they did play pretty well tonight. But the Flames had great chances in this game start to finish, and fantastic and timely PP opportunities and a penalty shot, so to see the game slip slowly away while we miss chance after chance like that is very annoying.

Colorado is another very good team, so I'm nervous for Saturday.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
- first line was a let down
- neal has been an anchor
- very undisciplined
- Gio often gassed- concerning
- 5 on 3

- really liking Vali and Ander, they make mistakes but that is expected
- this team can score
- this team can fight back
- Rittich is more than a back up, play him more
- Sam Bennett

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I know a lot of this is Lindy, but that Bennett, Lindy and Backlund looked so sick.

I’d be fine with rolling with that as a line and putting Chucky on the topline.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
They had quite a few chances to make this game look different. Couple bounces here, hit some posts there etc. Just didn't want to go their way tonight. The Flames kept pushing and didn't fold after being down. Held that belief that they might come back when that wasn't the case last year.

Win on saturday to make this a solid road trip.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Valimaki's getting better with every game. Has some cojones joining the rush during a PK. Wish he would stop getting beat on the outside so much.
Andersson needs to move the puck quicker.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
This is the second time in two games Gaudreau has gotten laid out on a zone entry. This needs to stop. The book is out on us

bring back Joe Colborne? He used to be pretty good at carrying the puck in with his puck protection.

And then after that he can run back to the bench and play about as many minutes as Peluso did.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
- first line was a let down
- neal has been an anchor
- very undisciplined
- Gio often gassed- concerning
- 5 on 3

- really liking Vali and Ander, they make mistakes but that is expected
- this team can score
- this team can fight back
- Rittich is more than a back up, play him more
- Sam Bennett

Giordano looks fine.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Too soon BUT we are still missing some pieces to make this team a valid, regular PO contender. I haven't noticed Hanifin a lot in this game. He has to play with urgency game after game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad