GDT: Game 4: Coyotes @ Avalanche - 6PM - FSAZ

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
This is pure speculation, but I bet Hammer has a broken fibula. Remember- PURE speculation...

He really looked hurt to me. Facial expression. And then he disappeared, and as people say, left alone. Sadly, given he could still stand on the leg, that should be good speculation. (I'm not a medic of any sort.) So, that's at best six weeks, and some time to work up? Unless it became ugly.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Nothing to do with doom.

In my opinion we where not good last night, but it was even (for the most time).
we could beat such string teams like boston and colorado.
But essentiell hockey things have to work: Our powerplay is absolutely nothing.
a powerplay goal and 2,3 quality shots per game and you can contend with those „strong teams“.

The Yotes have the reputation of a loosing team. I think if we want to change that, we all have to start with it.
It is possible to be this winning Hockey team who suprises with his great hockey and a great mentality.
I want to believe that... since 20 years.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We played well, a little better than the Avs, could have won but happy with the point being down 2-0. Our GAA and PK% are excellent, if that continues, we will be ok. Other great news: Raanta was solid looked great.

Obviously need offence and a better PP. I feel like we have not been outplayed yet this season. Kessel/Keller/OEL will get it going soon and that will help. Hjam out is going to hurt, I thought it hurt us last night, hope its not long. Hayton looked good again in all 3 zones and most importantly without the puck. I think he is going to stick but want to see a few more games from him.
If our PP ends up no better than last year we won't be all right. Colorado's special teams were better than ours and that is what won the game. I hate that third pairing of Oster and Chick.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
If Hammers out would have to think that Oster and Chick line is done. We'll now get Goligoski and Chychrun. Don't know if that's an upgrade :laugh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Goose has actually had back to back decent games, and I can't even remember the last time that happened. I'm keen to see Lyubushkin have a run, he didn't look too bad in preseason. His puck handling abilities seemed to have improved significantly.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Goose has actually had back to back decent games, and I can't even remember the last time that happened. I'm keen to see Lyubushkin have a run, he didn't look too bad in preseason. His puck handling abilities seemed to have improved significantly.

Goose is still too slow and letting his man get to the puck first, then trying to defend. He also has pretty bad clears and passes. But nothing has gone horrifically wrong with him on the ice, so he has gotten away with it. Not looking forward to him getting more ice time and not having a veteran to pair with.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Malkin-less Penguins just embarrassed the Jets in their own barn 7-2.

Looks like they’ll be coming out nasty tomorrow night against us.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Goose is still too slow and letting his man get to the puck first, then trying to defend. He also has pretty bad clears and passes. But nothing has gone horrifically wrong with him on the ice, so he has gotten away with it. Not looking forward to him getting more ice time and not having a veteran to pair with.
Goose has been ok, and somewhat less exposed playing with Hjam. That will change now that he is out. The real question to me is: Why is Goose playing above Chych? Goose is fading, Chych should be better, especially given his contract. Maybe it is line combinations, not sure though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Goose has been ok, and somewhat less exposed playing with Hjam. That will change now that he is out. The real question to me is: Why is Goose playing above Chych? Goose is fading, Chych should be better, especially given his contract. Maybe it is line combinations, not sure though.
Chick has been terrible with Osterle. Didn't Chick and Gogo play together last year?

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Curious, which ones?

Goligoski and Schmaltzy, of course. Those 2-3 great backchecking defensive plays Nicky made shouldn’t be at the cost of almost 6 million a season. But to answer your question, I expect more from Dvo and Chych. And I’m not seeing it. Keller looked like that great Ovie-disconnected-controller-gif in OT letting the Av walk right by him.

But we are 4 games in. :)

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Goligoski and Schmaltzy, of course. Those 2-3 great backchecking defensive plays Nicky made shouldn’t be at the cost of almost 6 million a season. But to answer your question, I expect more from Dvo and Chych. And I’m not seeing it. Keller looked like that great Ovie-disconnected-controller-gif in OT letting the Av walk right by him.

But we are 4 games in. :)

I missed the OT replay but I'm under the impression that Keller had been out too long, was gassed out, and supposed to change...... but didn't. That's sounds like one of those brain farts you get when you're exhausted and lose focus.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Looked to me like some small contract guys carrying some big contract guys for most of the night. I hope that corrects itself soon.

Now you made me think of the Sticky Boys. Still, weirdly enough, team couldn't dress 15 forwards anyways. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad