GDT: Game 4: Coyotes @ Avalanche - 6PM - FSAZ

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I still like the way we're playing. Not too much to complain about other than the PP. Besides Oesterle going Toasterle mode in the 3rd period, our defense has been rock solid, and both goalies are looking good.

We're 4 games into the season, not 64. I think some people need to be reminded of that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
And if he pressures Barkosky and he gets a pass through to Rantenen it's an open net and we'd be *****ing about blown coverage anyway so eh

Lots of things can go wrong with a pass. You even get a chance to defend it! In other words, it's a higher percentage play than betting Buravosky can't beat your goalie from 5 feet out uncontested.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I still like the way we're playing. Not too much to complain about other than the PP. Besides Oesterle going Toasterle mode in the 3rd period, our defense has been rock solid, and both goalies are looking good.

Let's hope Hammer isn't out an extend period of time because when things go wrong for Oeserle, they go catastrophically wrong and for nearly the entire game.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Let's hope Hammer isn't out an extend period of time because when things go wrong for Oeserle, they go catastrophically wrong and for nearly the entire game.

Agreed. I can't recall where Hammer took that shot to the leg, but he sure as hell didn't look comfortable. He did stay on the bench for awhile before going into the sheds, so hopefully it's not too bad.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I thought we were the better team up until overtime, then we stunk. Lots of pressure all game but we couldn't capitalize. I worry about that becoming a theme this season.

Kessel impressed me all around. He's really exceeded my expectations for his defensive play. Took a couple penalties but the effort is there. Fought to prevent a breakaway in OT.

OEL needs to step up, looked like just another defensemen this game. Did not look like a guy making 8 million. He should be our best player on the ice and he wasn't. I think he's the only guy who should be doing more, everyone else met expectations.

Overall, a good game. Really wish we could have beat Colorado after losing out to them in the playoff race last year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Team was good overall. You could really see Oesterle start to sink like a rock when he exceeded his maximum allowable minutes. Playing with 5 D for two periods and OT made things tough.

I thought the first half of the game the Coyotes main problem was trying to play too “fast”. They were just doing whatever the hell the first think they thought of with the puck, as fast as possible. Some very, very dumb choices were made as a result.

Also too much scrambling and run and gun with a dangerous team. Our strength is plying disciplined and within a system. We don’t have the sheer talent and skill to run with Colorado. This was evidenced on OT. Coyotes aren’t going to have a prayer in a format where depth and structure don’t matter.

When the team was calmer, they were excellent.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not looking good for Hammer......

Odd. Seemed like he took the puck in soft tissue. I guess not. Must have hit him in the knee I guess?

Sucks. So much. There is no one even close to him and OEL in terms of best D on the team. Him and OEL are neck-and-neck, and then there’s a Grand Canyon drop off and whoever the hell the next guy is, largely interchangeable at any given moment.

Reactions: SniperHF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad