GarlandSoderbergFischer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Ekman-LarssonDemers
GoligoskiHjarlmarsson
ChychrunOesterle
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Kuemper (but probably Raanta)

*lines 100% stolen from the Avs gdt.

I have a headache so you get zero effort enjoy.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
And just to spam this thread: how much impact does the altitude really have? One mile. That is actually high. Should really make you gassed.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
And just to spam this thread: how much impact does the altitude really have? One mile. That is actually high. Should really make you gassed.

Most altitude studies look at aerobic effects, both short term and long term. Not as much research on anaerobic capacity impact for those that don't have time to adjust. But here's one study that says "anaerobic performances are not altered by high altitudes up to 5,200 m if the length of exposure does not exceed 5 weeks"

More specific research probably needs to be done on the type of exertion a hockey player experiences; a short burst of exertion followed by a short rest period. Rinse and repeat for 60 minutes.

Dehydration is also more rapid at altitude, and lactic acid buildup can be more severe. Despite the study I linked to, I think visiting NHL teams feel the Denver altitude.

Anaerobic performance at altitude. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
My experience with various altitudes (mostly with whatever it is in the valley and 5100 feet in Payson) is that at higher altitudes it takes a little longer to “catch my breath” after exertion, but I could just be imagining it.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Time for the top line to get on the scoresheet again. 1 goal in 3 games so far, and last game they looked out of sync imo.

Uhh I know the goals aren't there but they are literally doing everything else right...

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

PlayerCF%GF%xGF%HDCF%SCF%
Phil Kessel63.4133.3369.6881.8269.44
Clayton Keller63.3350.0069.3476.9265.12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Was poking around and found this... "On August 28, 2019, Altitude was dropped by Dish Network Three days later, the channel was dropped by Comcast and DirecTV." And apparently still going on.

So pretty much no one can watch Avs games in Colorado.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Kessel joins Doan, Jovanovski, Aucoin, Morris, Vrbata, and Sullivan in playing his 1000th game wearing the Coyotes uniform. Any others?

Teppo.

If my Math is right, Owen Nolan missed it here by 18 games (also I was just remembering how he was pretty good here and not often thought of so that's why it was in my head :laugh: )

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Uhh I know the goals aren't there but they are literally doing everything else right...

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

PlayerCF%GF%xGF%HDCF%SCF%
Phil Kessel63.4133.3369.6881.8269.44
Clayton Keller63.3350.0069.3476.9265.12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So Kessel would have a 69.44% probability to win a Stanley Cup final playing like that?

Excellent. :naughty: Not as much as his high-definition conference-final probability, though. ;)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just last game they didn't seem to connect as good as in the previous two games.

I think that's right.

At a certain point the team probably had their foot off the gas though, particularly the higher line players. Guys who need to stay on the roster like Garland and such were busting it. The third was pretty uneventful. Keller and Kessel didn't even play top line minutes really because of the lead, just 16 min. Where as the games before they played 19/20 ish.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
I’m still noticing a lot of passes ending up behind players or at their feet. That’s an area that needs fixing ASAP.

Yeah, late, behind them, having to reach across their bodies to recollect the puck. Killing plays. Slowing them down. Completely agree.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
When I was playing travel hockey back in the day, when we'd go to Utah I would be gassed. I think Denver has higher elevation than SLC slightly also. That being said these are professional athletes and one would hope their conditioning is top notch so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I honestly don't care how many points Kessel scores as long as we are winning. If he is helping our team in other ways then thats fine. If we start seeing a losing trend and he's still not scoring, then we have a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad