GDT: Game 4 | Columbus at Florida | 10/11 7PM

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Wow.... had to come on line for that one... Korpi makes an all-star save and Bread puts a loaf in the oven..... Thats Blue Jacket hockey!!!!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Last one is on me...

Had literally just texted my bud saying "now lets not blow this 2-0 lead like the other night" ..... 30 seconds later, Dadanov....

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Looked like Werenski did not even try to block that pass.

He "pump faked" towards Barkov once then, imo, was in the "process" of poke checking Barkov AS he made the pass over. Dadonov slowed up a bit also for it to work. Werenski thought he/his stick had the angle.

In that situation, he either has to "attack" Barkov much earlier or NOT let that pass get over in ANY way. Its half on him and half just a really good pass/play by Barkov (and somewhat Dadonov).

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
He "pump faked" towards Barkov once then, imo, was in the "process" of poke checking Barkov AS he made the pass over. Dadonov slowed up a bit also for it to work. Werenski thought he/his stick had the angle.

In that situation, he either has to "attack" Barkov much earlier or NOT let that pass get over in ANY way. Its half on him and half just a really good pass/play by Barkov (and somewhat Dadonov).

NOT to mention all of Nutivaara, Atkinson and Wennberg are to blame much more. For all different reasons. No point getting so aggressive there at the end of the period, up 2-0, and more importantly with a HUGE momentum swing just before that.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
On that last goal, Atkinson was covering the point and made a terrible decision to skate forward at Barkov breaking out instead of falling back. If you’re gonna cover the point, ya gotta play D if they break out.

Reactions: Robert

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Sonny 1:55 and Bjork 1:44 in period 1

I don’t get the Bjorkstrand hype. Are there some sort of advanced stats out there supporting playing him more? To me he’s weak on the puck, decent enough in space I guess. I could be wrong.

I do agree that the forth line should be playing more to stop tiring out the top line, which could have been your point.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Come on, please.... Wennberg skated back harder than Atkinson, who made the terrible pinch in the first place.
He did, but wasn't it Wennberg who turned it over. My comment was not a jab at 10; rather to exonerate Nuti who is generally pressing the issue.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Someone point out to Panarin that this arena is emptier than Detroit, which is saying something. Don’t be obvious about it, just bring it up casually getting on the plane tonight or something. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->