Pre-Game Talk: GAME #4 - Canucks @ Ducks: Predux - Jan 25 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Until injuries/trades are healed/made, this seems to make the most sense.

The physicality Kassian brings to the first goes without saying, and when the occasional game arises where he goes AWOL, Burr can fill his usual duties.

Do you feel Ebb is a viable alternative for the fourth?

Yeah I guess Ebbett wouldn't be bad on the fourth but I would like to keep Volpatti on that forth line because he brings a physical presence.

Last edited:

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I don't think it would hurt if Lapierre was gone that much because Ebbett can take his role on the forth line. Only thing that worries me is that AV might do something like Ebbett on the 2nd line again.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
The reason I love Kassian with the Sedins is not so much what he can do for them - the idea that he's a hypothetical "perfect fit" for their style of play -, but what they can do for him. Kassian's biggest flaw is one of consistency - what better way is there to fix that than to put him with the two most consistent players we have and have him learn and absorb their work ethic. Furthermore, the twins' style of play - the cycling, boardwork, and physical punishment they take on a game to game basis - lends itself perfectly to keeping Kassian in the game and alert at all times. This means that their style of play wil hopefully enhance his Kass' strengths and not just the other way around

i agree with this and it really might soften any inconsistent patches that kassian is likely to go through. this way if he's not scoring or being physical, the least he can do is just hold the puck down low and try to cycle with the sedins.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I don't think it would hurt if Lapierre was gone that much because Ebbett can take his role on the forth line. Only thing that worries me is that AV might do something like Ebbett on the 2nd line again.
Tough call. Ebbett has little physical presence (jeebus, I'm sound like LMG :laugh:). Not the type of player you want on the 4th line. IMHO, for the game he plays, it's an offensive role or nothing....

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah I guess Ebbett wouldn't be bad on the fourth but I would like to keep Volpatti on that forth line because he brings a physical presence.

True enough. He also has shown improved hustle and motivation so far.

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
The reason I love Kassian with the Sedins is not so much what he can do for them - the idea that he's a hypothetical "perfect fit" for their style of play -, but what they can do for him. Kassian's biggest flaw is one of consistency - what better way is there to fix that than to put him with the two most consistent players we have and have him learn and absorb their work ethic. Furthermore, the twins' style of play - the cycling, boardwork, and physical punishment they take on a game to game basis - lends itself perfectly to keeping Kassian in the game and alert at all times. This means that their style of play wil hopefully enhance his Kass' strengths and not just the other way around

To add to that, the Sedins being the playmakers they are will give Kassian plenty of opportunities to get on the board. So even when Kassian is slumping, confidence may not be a problem because he'll still be collecting points.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Glad Schneids is getting the start. He saved our bacon during OT against Calgary during the mad scramble in front of our net. Those were two huge stops he made.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I am a bit worried given how bad our D has looked and the amount of snipers on the ducks how this game will turn out.

Hopefully we get a full 60 minute effort from the backend.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Lapierre at his worst is still better than Ebbett, IMO. His speed has been lacking, but he's still been solid along the boards and moving the puck half decently.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I am a bit worried given how bad our D has looked and the amount of snipers on the ducks how this game will turn out.

Hopefully we get a full 60 minute effort from the backend.

Yeah, I think if we are going to win this one Schneider has to be solid and the Defense has to play good hockey if we are going to win. I say 2-1 Canucks.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

I also don't think you'll have some puke glove punching Henrik in the face with Kassian on that line.

StringerBell

I hope he goes back to Luongo. I'd like to see both starters get warmed up for the season.

Luongo plays his worst hockey in Anaheim. Since losing to them in the playoffs 6 years ago he has a 5.24 GAA in Anaheim. I think we should go with Schneider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->