Pre-Game Talk: GAME #4 - Canucks @ Ducks: Predux - Jan 25 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Schneider starts.

Great decision.

Schneiderman can resume his return to form...his arms better be closing that gap (like he usually does so well) because you can bet the Ducks will be aiming for the body/arm gap all night!

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
The reason I love Kassian with the Sedins is not so much what he can do for them - the idea that he's a hypothetical "perfect fit" for their style of play -, but what they can do for him. Kassian's biggest flaw is one of consistency - what better way is there to fix that than to put him with the two most consistent players we have and have him learn and absorb their work ethic. Furthermore, the twins' style of play - the cycling, boardwork, and physical punishment they take on a game to game basis - lends itself perfectly to keeping Kassian in the game and alert at all times. This means that their style of play wil hopefully enhance his Kass' strengths and not just the other way around

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Great decision.

Schneiderman can resume his return to form...his arms better be closing that gap (like he usually does so well) because you can bet the Ducks will be aiming for the body/arm gap all night!

He just needs to tie a string from his wrists to his waist and do the flying squirrel jersey like Patrick Roy :)

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
The reason I love Kassian with the Sedins is not so much what he can do for them - the idea that he's a hypothetical "perfect fit" for their style of play -, but what they can do for him. Kassian's biggest flaw is one of consistency - what better way is there to fix that than to put him with the two most consistent players we have and have him learn and absorb their work ethic. Furthermore, the twins' style of play - the cycling, boardwork, and physical punishment they take on a game to game basis - lends itself perfectly to keeping Kassian in the game and alert at all times. This means that their style of play wil hopefully enhance his Kass' strengths and not just the other way around

This. This. This this this...

And, in turn, Big Kass can return part of the favour by opening up the ice and having the opposing players look over their shoulders if liberties are taken with the Sedins.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
This. This. This this this...

And, in turn, Big Kass can return part of the favour by opening up the ice and having the opposing players look over their shoulders if liberties are taken with the Sedins.

It really is quite nice isn't it? We finally have a bodyguard for our two best offensive players who can actually take not a whole shift, but a whole game with them and handle himself nicely. I've wanted that kind of player since the days of Pyatt.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
It really is quite nice isn't it? We finally have a bodyguard for our two best offensive players who can actually take not a whole shift, but a whole game with them and handle himself nicely. I've wanted that kind of player since the days of Pyatt.

Absolutely and exactly.

This adds a whole other dynamic that was so sorely missing. I can only hope things progress smoothly and see how this unfolds and translates into the playoff picture.

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
We need Higgins, Burrows and Lapierre to get going! They haven't been the impact players thus far that we are use to seeing!

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
We need Higgins, Burrows and Lapierre to get going! They haven't been the impact players thus far that we are use to seeing!

I'd say Burrows was a lot better yesterday in comparison to the first two games. I think he's coming along (hopefully).

Higgins has been pretty ******.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Zack Kassian. **** eating grin on my happy face. I can barely think clearly about this Ducks game. That felt like a statement game from him, without that effort we don't win that game last night. Usually it's the Sedins or Kesler or Lu/Schneids who puts the team on their backs and get's us a win. Maybe I'm exaggerating things and need to not blow it out of proportion but to have another guy that can will us to victory... ok i need to temper my enthusiasm but i'm hyped about the big guy right now. He looked to be taking steps in the leadership department last night as well to me.

Schneider redemption would be nice to see, I have confidence in him to do just that. Need to stop blowing leads too, need a 3 goal lead i guess, that might be the trick.

Agree with everyone about Higgins, but i have faith he'll come around. I remember the work ethic and hustle from last year, would love to see him get going here.

Last edited:

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
I'd say Burrows was a lot better yesterday in comparison to the first two games. I think he's coming along (hopefully).

Higgins has been pretty ******.

I agree Burrows was better - not sure if he's at the level we are use to seeing though.

In anycase, our second line woes could be solved if Higgins could get going. I think his ability to score is equal to Booth's.

Outside99*

Burr always starts a little slow doesn't he?

A big part of his game is timing - he can't overwhelm the opposition with his size, strength or speed - and that takes a few games to come around. Like his shootout attempt against Edmonton was bad (for him), against Calgary it was already better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->