CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 12)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (hip, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 3 games
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 3 games
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (hip; Oct. 3, injured reserve) – 3 games
Brandon Montour (hand, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 3 games
Conor Sheary (upper body) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/3: Recalled F Victor Olofsson and D Henri Jokiharju from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Jean-Sebastien Dea, F Curtis Lazar and D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Oct. 11: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 14: Dallas at Buffalo, 3 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 16: Buffalo at Anaheim, 10 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 17: Buffalo at Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 19: Buffalo at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
CANADIENS at SABRES

• This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Montreal defeated Buffalo 7-4 in Montreal on March 23.
  • Next meeting: Thursday, Jan. 30 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 5-3-2 at home.
  • This is the 284th game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 129-113-41 series record.
  • The Sabres are 74-40-27 at home against the Canadiens all-time.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Can we just play in those 50th anniversary jerseys every game? The more I look at them, the more I like them. How well we played wearing them helps too. :laugh:

EDIT: Actually tempted to get one of those 50th jerseys (the only other I have being Vanek from way back when). Said I wouldn't get another until the team has "made it" though and I picked a favorite player from that group. :) But maybe I do it anyways.

Maybe this isn't the place for it, but since my head is there, anyone know where I could look for a deal on a 50th jersey? Probably tough with them being brand new like this, but figure I'll ask. Even a little money saved would be cool.

Last edited:

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
This could be an exciting game to watch. Use the physical defensemen to frustrate Domi and goad him into poor decisions.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Very excited to see how things unfold tonight.

How do they bounce back from last game?

Does Jack step up with a big game to make up for his last performance?

Montreal is a team we need to beat out for any hope at playoffs. How do we match up?

Im gonna say 5-3 Buffalo.

Dahlin, Eichel, Okposo, Olafsson, Joker

Domi 2, Gallagher

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I don't think we'll fair well against Montreal tonight. They're a fast forechecking team, and come at you in waves. They're our toughest test yet, by far. I think we keep it close, but ultimately lose 4-2.

Eichel, Miller

Gallagher (2), Domi, Weber

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I don't think we'll fair well against Montreal tonight. They're a fast forechecking team, and come at you in waves. They're our toughest test yet, by far. I think we keep it close, but ultimately lose 4-2.

Eichel, Miller

I think the sabres are fine against teams like Montreal that are small up front and D is average. The bigger teams that can grind seem to be more of an issue for buffalo. That columbus game may be a harbinger of poor roster construction, but we'll see.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY

Eichel, Miller

That should also be our game. One thing I’ve learned about games against the Habs, is that regardless of where these teams are in the standings, they usually play each other pretty well and end up being fun games.

Hoping for another one tonight.

4-3 OT, no idea who comes out on top.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
My hope is that the new look Sabres can play with the Canadiens. This style of hockey is fast and fun. Should be a good one.

5-4 Sabres in OT. MoJo with GWG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad