GDT: Game 4: Canada Vs USA | 1PM EST 7PM CET | Can 6 - 4 USA

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
20wjc3.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Canada
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Nico Daws (G)
Joel Hofer (G)
Oliver Rodrigue (G)

Defensemen:
Kevin Bahl (D)
Calen Addison (D)
Bowen Byram (D)
Jacob Bernard-Docker (D)
Jamie Dysdale (D)
Jared McIssac (D)
Ty Smith (D)

Forwards
Liam Foudy (F)
Joel Valeno (F)
Raphael Lavoie (F)
Alexis Lafreniere (F)
Akil Thomas (F)
Connor McMichael (F)
Ty Dellandrea (F)
Quinton Byfield (F)
Dawson Mercer (F)
Dylan Cozens (F)
Aidan Dudas (F)
Barrett Hayton (F)
Nolan Foote (F)

full

USA
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Spencer Knight (G)
Isiah Saville (G)
Dustin Wolff (G)

Defensemen:
Ty Emerson (D)
Jordan Harris (D)
Zac Jones (D)
K'andre Miller (D)
Mattias Samuelson (D)
Spencer Stastney (D)
Cam York (D)

Forwards:
John Beecher (F)
Bobby Brink (F)
Cole Caulfield (F)
Jack Drury (F)
Parker Ford (F)
Curtis Hall(F)
Arthur Kaliyev (F)
Shane Pinto (F)
Jacob Pinvoka (F)
Nick Robertson (F)
Alex Turcotte (F)
Oliver Wahlstrom (F)
Trevor Zegras (F)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Canada has one forward under 6’0”, thats a bunch of big boys. Excited to see Lafreniere play.

Gonna be a fun one. I like that the bruins guys on the US provide some much needed size in this matchup, that’s what they are missing on the big club. Curtis Hall might surprise some people if he draws in. I’d imagine size is the reason why Beecher is being slotted highly. He’s a talented kid though- I think people are writing him off as a grinder but he’s got a ton of speed, a good shot, and skill. The college numbers don’t pop off the charts but him and York are carrying a major program as 18 year olds. And he’s probably the biggest forward on the US team (without checking real quick) and Canada is massive.

Last edited:
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Canada's defence is already better. the Canucks should be able to beat the Yankees.

J1mLahey

Jan 13, 2011
Toronto
Knight is a huge advantage over Daws or Hofer. Canada going to have to find a way to contain Caufield and Co. Big time unfortunate that this game isn't on NYE. With that said, best tournament and a holiday tradition! Hoping for a great game!

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
Knight is a huge advantage over Daws or Hofer. Canada going to have to find a way to contain Caufield and Co. Big time unfortunate that this game isn't on NYE. With that said, best tournament and a holiday tradition! Hoping for a great game!
How so? Daws 2.06 .939 in the OHL, Knight 1.73 .940 in the NCAA.... don't think that's as big a mismatch as you think. USA has to find a way to contain Byfield/Lafreniere/Cozens/McMichael.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So it's actually a 1 pm start? Damn it I hate it when TSN advertises it as a noon start, but actually means they'll just talk for an hour and the game doesn't begin at that time.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
How so? Daws 2.06 .939 in the OHL, Knight 1.73 .940 in the NCAA.... don't think that's as big a mismatch as you think. USA has to find a way to contain Byfield/Lafreniere/Cozens/McMichael.

(not a dis, only my opinion)

Both Canadian goalies play for a team that has allowed fewest goals of their respective leagues,
your D, defensively, is pretty weak and probably gonna take dumb penalties too (Byram & Bahl warning).
I'm not sure your goalies are good enough to steal you (key) games, when your D (or 5 on 5 defending) will fail you.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad