GDT: Game 4: Avalanche @ Sabres - 10/11 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I’m not really sure where else he fits in the lineup at this point, unless Mitts gets sent to the Amerks for a bit. Rodriguez has been terrific and should go nowhere.

That entire 3rd line is pretty weird, though.
I think Mitts and TT could use a stint down in the AHL, if only for a short while.

Girgs - E-Rod - Pommers line should not be touched or tweaked unless they have an absolute shit outing. This line seems to have really gelled and they do well for being an energy line.

Regarding the roster line up that was tweeted - when they list Sobotka and BOGO as extras, does that mean they are now on the active roster but not playing? or did the author of the tweet take liberties and the players are still injured?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Why the f*** is Larsson in the lineup? He brings nothing. Housley is just a complete moron, I dont understand wtf is going on anymore. Johan should be at best an extra forward on this team, hes actually offensive black hole if there ever was one.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Also am I the only one surprised they didnt give Ullmark a single game in this 4 games home run? I do realize Hutton is playing well and should be rewarded but I thought Ullmark will get at least a game.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think Mitts and TT could use a stint down in the AHL, if only for a short while.

Girgs - E-Rod - Pommers line should not be touched or tweaked unless they have an absolute **** outing. This line seems to have really gelled and they do well for being an energy line.

Regarding the roster line up that was tweeted - when they list Sobotka and BOGO as extras, does that mean they are now on the active roster but not playing? or did the author of the tweet take liberties and the players are still injured?
Injured players stay on the active roster unless they're put on injured reserve. I don't know if either is. I guess one must be or they'd be over the limit.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
5-3 good guys

I think the team keeps building momentum here. Dahlin seems due for his 1st point, and Skinner's overdue for something to go in.

Reactions: Dingo44

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Why the **** is Larsson in the lineup? He brings nothing. Housley is just a complete moron, I dont understand wtf is going on anymore. Johan should be at best an extra forward on this team, hes actually offensive black hole if there ever was one.
Sobotka > Larsson > Elie
Elie is fast and works hard. Larsson has a lot of warts, but he has an offensive touch and plays well along the boards. Neither is helping nor hurting Mittelstadt's development. Once Sobotka is back in the game, i fully expect him to take over for both Larsson and Elie. Curse Housley once he fails to do that. Until then, one waiver pick up being sat for a game isn't going to somehow ruin the team.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sobotka > Larsson > Elie
Elie is fast and works hard. Larsson has a lot of warts, but he has an offensive touch and plays well along the boards. Neither is helping nor hurting Mittelstadt's development. Once Sobotka is back in the game, i fully expect him to take over for both Larsson and Elie. Curse Housley once he fails to do that. Until then, one waiver pick up being sat for a game isn't going to somehow ruin the team.
imo all 3 are the same shade of meh

Reactions: VaporTrail

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
5-3 good guys

I think the team keeps building momentum here. Dahlin seems due for his 1st point, and Skinner's overdue for something to go in.
I'd love to see Skinner and Reino pot a goal each. Reino has done everything else but score a goal.
Skinner has worked hard and has had some good looks, which is a feat considering his linemates struggle to keep up with him.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I member when guys made fun of people that wanted to claim guys of waivers to play in our trash bottom 6 last season. Same people are now overreacting because a waiver pick up isn't playing.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Why the **** is Larsson in the lineup? He brings nothing. Housley is just a complete moron, I dont understand wtf is going on anymore. Johan should be at best an extra forward on this team, hes actually offensive black hole if there ever was one.

Sobotka is hurt. I liked Elie.

Ultimately, in my opinion, they are giving Larsson some games to see if he’s able to play and be somewhat effective. They’re heading out west for 2 weeks it might be smart to see if he can go.

Otherwise Botts could be seeing if Larsson could slot on the 3/4 line and send Thompson/Mitts down to Rochester if the continual struggle on their end.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Our middle 6 looks like a bit of a black hole outside of Skinner.

ERod is a top 9 calibre player easily but I get why they're keeping him with Pominville - he's had success there so far.

1st and 4th lines have been creating, so no need to split them up.

Skinner-Berglund-Okposo line needs to get going. As in, Skinner needs a bit more offensive help from the other two. If they struggle today, I'd try Mitts up there.

Sheary-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Berglund-Mitts
Elie/Larsson-Sobotka-Okposo
Girgs-ERod-Poms

TT should really be going down.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Our middle 6 looks like a bit of a black hole outside of Skinner.
Tage is getting there. There are flashes of the player he is/can be, but he makes rookie mistakes which result in obvious turnovers.The skill is there though and I think he'll get the hang of it and find his stride and maybe slot up with Skinner when he does.

Or he'll continue to struggle and we'll run him out of town with torches and pitchforks.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
drury and briere deserved the cup
tumblr_obg8z6hveZ1tnjoguo4_250.gif

Totally belongs in the GDT

Reactions: Zeb and JRiz13

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Elie and Larsson are both relatively unremarkable. I'm just a little surprised that Phil, a true Hockey Man, didn't cling to the maxim that you don't change a winning lineup (especially when you're talking about fringe players).

And Johan can't complain that he isn't getting a shot to play with talent.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The third line is really the fourth line, by ability (today). If Casey and Take get it going it could benor third or even second line in ability.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
From the Avs GDT:

Sharp Objects (according to Daily Faceoff)
Rasmus Sheary - Rasmus Eichel - Rasmus Reinhart
Rasmus Skinner - Rasmus Berglund - Rasmus Okposo
Rasmus Larsson - Rasmus No-Pullups - Rasmus Thompson
Rasmus Girgensons - Rasmus Rodrigues - Rasmus Pominville

Rasmus Scandella - Herman Ristolainen
Rasmus McCabe - Bob Dahlin
Rasmus Beaulieu - Rasmus Nelson

Rasmus Hutton
Rasmus Ullmark

THINGS TO WATCH: Rasmus

Pretty good imho

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Sobotka > Larsson > Elie

I think this is exactly right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad