GDT: Game 4: 10/10/2019 - Detroit Red Wings @ Montreal Canadiens - 7 PM ET (FS-D)

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
What if we're still in the playoff picture (7th to 10th in the Conference - either a few pts in, or a few pts out) come late Jan - early Feb?

Does Yzerman swing some deal/s to improve our chances?
Maybe some minor moves depending on the market, but I think he'll continue to preach patience. I wouldn't expect any major futures to be moved. That being said, this likely won't be the conversation we'll be having.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This team is weirrrd so far

We said the kids would have to drag them to it for them to be good and the kids are doing a ton of the heavy lifting. I think the vets are chipping in but the young guys are wearing the target and coming through. That first line is continuously winning their matchup. Tougher times are ahead, they have to be, but you have to love the way they are playing thus far and who is carrying the mail in terms of guys excelling at roles they should excel in.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Maybe some minor moves depending on the market, but I think he'll continue to preach patience. I wouldn't expect any major futures to be moved. That being said, this likely won't be the conversation we'll be having.
Yeah - I'd be shocked if this team is in playoff contention come 2020 - let alone past Turkey Day here in 'Murica.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
how many games do we give it before we start wondering if this is a good team?

What if we're still in the playoff picture (7th to 10th in the Conference - either a few pts in, or a few pts out) come late Jan - early Feb?

Does Yzerman swing some deal/s to improve our chances?

Theyre not good and they wont make any deals lol.

The top line has 10 of the teams 13 goals, its ridiculously unsustainable that they keep scoring 2 or 3 goals a game. Theyhave about one player that provides secondary scoring too so once that line hits a bit of a slump there wont be much winning going on.

I really liked Hronek tonight. He looked like a number 1 D to me. The top line is unreal and will start getting credit soon league wide if Mantha keeps burying bombs like that and they keep producing. I thought Cholowski looked really solid as well

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Great:
Win% .750% (tied for 9th best)

Fairly impressive:
Tied for 12th best GA (2.75) & 12th best GF (3.5)

Not bad/not great:
SF 17th (31.8), SA 18th (32)
PK 80% (14th)

Needs Improvement:
FO's 47.1% (26th)...Nielsen should help that some upon return
PP 14.3% (22nd)

Last season we were "the Comeback Kids". Now we're playing with the lead & shutting 'em down...so far, great job overall.

Reactions: Henkka

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2019-10-10_22-43-27.png

Love the scoring chances 2X opponent with ~same # of shots, that's good pressure.

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
A few D guys had top notch games tonight:

Nemeth I thought was good and has been a fantastic acquisition so far, if he keeps this play up we can fetch a big bounty for him come TDL next year if we are so inclined.

Cholowski had a very good game. He needs to stay up now. Was surprised that he and Hronek were paired together towards the end there or did they just sub in/out at different times, seemed a big statement from Blash to have them playing together towards the end.

DDK as a few have stated was super as well.

Hronek had the sort of performance we are taking slightly for granted from him, that is a very good sign.

Reactions: Realgud and 21

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
EB3B0F57-EA34-46C8-8E3C-4B0E405A38E1.jpeg
15AD265A-8E40-4DCE-91BD-40D0084EA934.jpeg
D57A9120-4A08-4495-8A80-4443604283DF.jpeg
We have some seriously promising players on our team. If some of the younger prospects develop as anticipated; we’ll have dangerous hockey team to play against.

A few pics from the game tonight. Not sure how to upload my vid of all the Habs fans leaving at the end when we scored the empty net....

Last edited:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
While I'm not sure this play and the results are sustainable over 82 games.. I like the results. The team looks better than last year, the work ethic and chemistry is most notable to me. Last year at times they looked like pick up hockey, no one knew who was going to be where... This year they seem more on the same page. Blashill has the troops ready to go. As long as we keep the work ethic and hunger with the young guys, I think we will be a fun team to watch.. Where we end up is anyone's guess this early.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
It’s so fun watching our top line, their chemistry is truly amazing. Also I’ve liked how much our defense are pinching to keep the puck in. A forward always slots right in their spot so we don’t get bit by it. Blashill is doing a good job so far.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Highlights:

Helm managed to hit top corner with a wide open net, how come he can't do that when the goalie is in position?
Good game by everyone except Green.

I saw all kinds of various D pairings in the 3rd, not sure what Blash was doing. Maybe the Nemeth penalty messed up the rotation?

I thought Bowey had a good game, no bad plays that I can remember, if there was, it didn't cost the team. Hopefully he locks down a spot

DLR and Ehn are good 4th liners but one of them needs to sit so Svech can get a game in on the 3rd line. A team only needs so many 4th liners.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Loved the game, tonight. Solid effort all around. Actually loving Helm, Abdelkader, and Glendenning on our 4th line. The D was solid all night and we back-checked really well as a team and didn't turn the puck over a lot. Great game tonight.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Nemeth I thought was good and has been a fantastic acquisition so far, if he keeps this play up we can fetch a big bounty for him come TDL next year if we are so inclined.

Happy you guys appreciating Nemeth, not a flashy player but most (or many) teams need a guy like him defensively. Usually he is given lots of difficult minutes but for me he is one of the better "stay at home/last man standing" type of the defensemen in the league and also using his body well, he is a loyal warrior on the ice doing his work quietly.

Reactions: saska sault

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Holy hell, 20 points for the 1st line through 4 games, how far can we ride that group? That is 1.7 points per game per player.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Highlights:

Helm managed to hit top corner with a wide open net, how come he can't do that when the goalie is in position?
Good game by everyone except Green.

I saw all kinds of various D pairings in the 3rd, not sure what Blash was doing. Maybe the Nemeth penalty messed up the rotation?

I thought Bowey had a good game, no bad plays that I can remember, if there was, it didn't cost the team. Hopefully he locks down a spot

DLR and Ehn are good 4th liners but one of them needs to sit so Svech can get a game in on the 3rd line. A team only needs so many 4th liners.

De la Rose was a lot better than Ehn tonight, and has been this season so far. Ehn should be the one to sit. Surprised you think they're interchangeable so far this season, de la Rose has looked pretty solid with Helm and Abdelkader, where Ehn has been invisible and has absolutely no chemistry with Erne or Filppula.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->